Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > permission denied on an asp that's sending mail

permission denied on an asp that's sending mail

=?Utf-8?B?ZmVzdGl2YWxtYW4=?=

Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong spot. Finding the newsgroups on MS's site could have been easier
Here's my problem
I've got some old asp's that are running our simple web site. In a section, there's a contact for
that collects a few lines of info, and when you hit submit, it takes that and sends it to a specifie
email address. It's been working all this time, but recently we just bought and implemented
exchange 2003 on the server and this mail sending contact page suddenly stopped working
The error page

HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP erro
Error Type
Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0046
Permission denie

I seem to remember that something was wrongly configured in the past which I corrected but it's bee
so long that I'm not able to figure it out, even after searching through MS's various knowledge base pages

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here's the code in the asp file itself. It's simply sending mail
through the local server

Body = Body & "Zip Code: " & request("zip") & vbCrL
Body = Body & "Comments: " & request("comments") & vbCrL

Dim objMai

Set objMail = CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail"
objMail.From = request("email"
objMail.To = "(E-Mail Removed)
objMail.Subject = "A letter!
objMail.Body = Bod
objMail.Send

Chris Jackson

Check the permissions on the dll that implements CDONTS.NewMail, to ensure
that the credentials that IIS is running under (for ASP code) has permission
to access the object. Permissions issues are just a matter of tracking down
the proper file, and checking how you are trying to authenticate. If you
want to pinpoint where the permissions fail, grab FileMon from
www.sysinternals.com, start logging, refresh the offending page, and then
stop logging. Browse through the file, and then take a peek at where you see
Access Denied - it will almost always show you what file failed, and what
credentials you passed to it when it failed. Much easier than poking about
looking for things, and much safer than just loosening credentials all
around to fix the problem.

--
Chris Jackson
Software Engineer