Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Pull ALL of your images off the net, it is open-season on them!

Pull ALL of your images off the net, it is open-season on them!

RichA

http://copyrightaction.com/forum/uk-...aphy-in-public

People can now use your work at their leisure and they only pay one
fee: To the BRITISH GOVERNMENT!!!!

Paul Heslop

please, get a life

--
Paul (we break easy)
Stop and Look

Spamm Trappe

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 07:13:16 GMT, Paul Heslop wrote:

> please, get a life

.... or, at least alter the one you have so that
it no longer includes rec.photo.digital

Paul Heslop

Spamm Trappe wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 07:13:16 GMT, Paul Heslop wrote:
>
> > please, get a life

> ... or, at least alter the one you have so that
> it no longer includes rec.photo.digital

:O)
--
Paul (we break easy)
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

RustY

"RichA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://copyrightaction.com/forum/uk-...aphy-in-public

What utter rubbish - how do you find such sites ?

Paul Heslop

"RustY " wrote:

> "RichA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > http://copyrightaction.com/forum/uk-...aphy-in-public
> >

> What utter rubbish - how do you find such sites ?

he just searches for things that back whatever obsessions he is having
at the moment.

--

bob@myhouse.com

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 19:08:58 GMT, Paul Heslop <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"RustY " wrote:
>>
>> "RichA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > http://copyrightaction.com/forum/uk-...aphy-in-public
>> >

>> What utter rubbish - how do you find such sites ?

>he just searches for things that back whatever obsessions he is having
>at the moment.

I don't understand how such sites are "utter rubbish" - can anybody fill me in here?

Paul Heslop

> On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 19:08:58 GMT, Paul Heslop <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >"RustY " wrote:
> >>
> >> "RichA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> >

> >> What utter rubbish - how do you find such sites ?

> >he just searches for things that back whatever obsessions he is having
> >at the moment.

> I don't understand how such sites are "utter rubbish" - can anybody fill me in here?

well, in my case there's no chance of me following anything that Rich
posts, specially when it seems that all he does is look for reasons to
attack things and people he doesn't favour, which is quite a wide
target group.

I am happy in the knowledge that if he says it I can assume it's
heavily biased without having to trawl through crap to prove it.

--

bnb wrote:

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>
> >>he just searches for things that back whatever obsessions he is having
> >>at the moment.

> > I don't understand how such sites are "utter rubbish" - can anybody fill
> > me in here?

> Because most people don't like realists.
>
> Look at the stick Ken Rockwell gets, when sometimes he makes a good point.
> Or the stick DPR got for slating the 50d, or the stick Rob Gailbraith got
> for slating the 1D-III, LL for slating the 5D-II in Antarctica, etc, etc.

I'm all for truth and realism, but am also aware that there are two
sides to every story unless its something Rich posts. He's proven
himself to have a narrow view and is not interested in the opinion of
anyone who disagrees.

--
Paul (we break easy)
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Chris H

In message <(E-Mail Removed)
s.com>, RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>http://copyrightaction.com/forum/uk-...hans-and-bans-
>non-consensual-photography-in-public
>
>People can now use your work at their leisure and they only pay one
>fee: To the BRITISH GOVERNMENT!!!!

The usual trick is to do something over the top like this (especially in
election season) and then ditch it in favour of something far more
reasonable.

The reason they do that is the "something far more reasonable" would
normally have not got anywhere due to objections if they started with
it without the scare tactics first. However it is such a big
improvement on the proposed law such as the one above they started with
people think they have won over the government......