Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Role-based authentication from active directory

Role-based authentication from active directory

Biranchi Narayan Panda

Hello,

I want certain pages of my website visible only to a particular role in the
network (Active Directory)

How do I check for authentication from active directory (role-based)

Eg-- I want the only managers in the active directory to access a particular
page.

Please provide me some code by which I can achieve this.

Thanks

Alexey Smirnov

On Feb 15, 8:31*pm, "Biranchi Narayan Panda"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want certain pages of my website visible only to a particular role in the
> network (Active Directory)
>
> How do I check for authentication from active directory (role-based)
>
> Eg-- I want the only managers in the active directory to access a particular
> page.
>
> Please provide me some code by which I can achieve this.
>
> Thanks

Please read more here:

You can also check this post
http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/pages...QL-Server.aspx

Alexey Smirnov

On Feb 15, 9:20*pm, Alexey Smirnov <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Feb 15, 8:31*pm, "Biranchi Narayan Panda"
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Hello,

> > I want certain pages of my website visible only to a particular role in the
> > network (Active Directory)

> > How do I check for authentication from active directory (role-based)

> > Eg-- I want the only managers in the active directory to access a particular
> > page.

> > Please provide me some code by which I can achieve this.

> > Thanks

> Please read more here:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr.../ms998314.aspx
>
> You can also check this posthttp://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/pages/Recipe_3A00_-Implementing-Role_2...

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 4:03 AM, Biranchi Narayan Panda
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

Thank you so much Alexey. That was a real help.
I'm a beginner and help like this is really necessary for me!

Glad, that it helped you.