Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Re: Crypt ascii text in file

Re: Crypt ascii text in file

David Postill

Cygwin (http://cygwin.com/) includes crypt...

--
David Postill
Dance your Life - Biodanza in Holland - <http://www.danceyourlife.eu>

Mike Easter

Rafael wrote:
NNTP = telecomitalia.it

> I looking for a free program for WinXP that
> cryptic ascii text into a file.txt, with algorithms
> robust and one or more keyfile.
> The program should read contents of file.txt
> encrypt it and save the same file.
>
>> Cygwin (http://cygwin.com/) includes crypt...

> thanks, but I search a program that worked with file.txt
> and can encrypt the contents of file.txt, with algorithm
> codfice and algorithm confusion, in addition to one or
> more keyfile.

I don't understand - can't parse - your English.

Maybe you should explain what you are looking for in Italian, and then
we can use Babelfish or Google to translate it into English.

http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

--
Mike Easter

Regis

"Rafael" <email@antispam> writes:

>> Cygwin (http://cygwin.com/) includes crypt...

> thanks, but I search a program that worked with file.txt
> and can encrypt the contents of file.txt, with algorithm
> codfice and algorithm confusion, in addition to one or
> more keyfile.

The Cygwin.com package can also install gpg. In the Packages
hierarchy within the Cygwin setup.exe installer, you will find gnupg
in the Utils group.

gpg will encrypt your file.txt very well. http://gnupg.org

It supports AES, Blowfish and Twofish ciphers--one of those should
have all the crypto features you need (I'd hope!). It also implements
asymetric key-based encryption, which I believe you are looking for.

For the specifics of what cipher will have the features you're looking
for (gpg supports several ciphers), I would suggest a newsgroup that
specializes in cryptography, such as sci.crypt or alt.security.pgp

How to re-implement the crypt.crypt function? Cosmia Luna Python 4 03-11-2012 10:10 AM
Re: Crypt ascii text in file ♥Ari ♥ Computer Security 3 03-10-2010 02:50 AM
Regex with ASCII and non-ASCII chars TOXiC Python 5 01-31-2007 04:48 PM
de-crypt... crypt asg Perl Misc 3 12-23-2005 10:55 PM
Crypt RSA install (Problem with Crypt::Primes) AdrianK Perl 0 07-09-2003 09:32 AM

Advertisments