Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ItemCommand gets always triggered?

ItemCommand gets always triggered?

Stijn Verrept

I have a grid with a SHOW Column taht is used to show details and a
TextBox. The user can either enter a reference in the TextBox or
choose one from the list.

But when a user clicks in the grid to view details, goes back and then
enters a number in the TextBox the ItemCommand gets triggered. How can
I avoid this?

I tried with putting this condition on top of the ItemCommand event

if (TextBox1.Text.Length == 0)

but the previous record in the DataGrid still gets selected.

--
Kind regards,

Stijn Verrept.

Stijn Verrept

Stijn Verrept wrote:

> I have a grid with a SHOW Column taht is used to show details and a
> TextBox. The user can either enter a reference in the TextBox or
> choose one from the list.
>
> But when a user clicks in the grid to view details, goes back and then
> enters a number in the TextBox the ItemCommand gets triggered. How
> can I avoid this?
>
> I tried with putting this condition on top of the ItemCommand event
>
> if (TextBox1.Text.Length == 0)
>
> but the previous record in the DataGrid still gets selected.

Nobody else has this problem or a solution for it?

--
Kind regards,

Stijn Verrept.

Return of gets gets John Joyce Ruby 0 04-23-2007 01:38 PM
gets gets John Joyce Ruby 2 03-26-2007 04:00 PM
XMLHttpRequest gets data to display in element but data gets appended not replaces previous! libsfan01 Javascript 5 12-20-2006 06:25 AM
Not only the selected HREF gets surrounded, but the whole row gets surrounded Stefan Mueller HTML 5 07-10-2006 11:53 AM
datagrid's itemcommand event gets fired Manick ASP .Net Web Controls 2 10-25-2005 09:38 PM

Advertisments