Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > HELP - Study and Take 70-536 or Similar Exam

HELP - Study and Take 70-536 or Similar Exam

Jason

Hello,

I'm an experienced .NET programmer, but am having problems getting
into the groove in studying for the 70-536 exam. I have the Microsoft
Self-Paced Training Guide (2nd Edition) for this exam, and have
purchased the Transcender Exam as well.

I guess in a nutshell I want to be able to pass the test as soon as
possible, but am getting lost in all the details... Since Transcender
has 3 exams, someone suggested I should:

1) Go over 1st Transcender Exam. -- For those questions you get
wrong, go back and study those sections until you understand the right
answer.

2) Go over the 2nd Transcender Exam. -- For those questions you get
wrong, go back and study those sections until you understand the right
answer.

3) Book for the Test.

4) While waiting for the Test Date, go over the 3rd Transcender Exam.
-- For those questions you get wrong, go back and study those
sections until you understand the right answer.

5) Write the test.

I would really appreciate feedback from those people who have passed
either the 70-536 Exam, or a similar one. What worked for you? What
would you do differently if you could do it again? Should I buy more
tests or aids?

Thanks
Jason

Konrad Neitzel

Hi Jason!

I don't know the Transcender Exams. I used the MSPress Self-Paced
Training Kit (as you wrote, too) and used the offer of measureup.com to
do some tests there.

When I failed in a question there, I read the explanation, read about
the topic in the MSDN Library and wrote my own small programs so I
played around with the different functions that are available. And also
important: I didn't just try to find the real answer - I also tried to
give a reason, why the other answers was wrong.

After all this stuff, I simply went to the exam and passed it. I was
still a little surprised by a few questions when I found another topic
where I lacked some knowlede but I got a higher score than required so I
would say: Not all was right but the preparation was good. And I will
try to do the same with the other exams I plan to take.

Ohh ... doing something while you wait for the exam? Normaly there isn't
much time between registering for an exam and the exam itself. What I
always try before an exam: Stay cool. It is my experience that it is
not good for me, if I go trough something directly in front of an exam.
(Could be different if you just want to quickly learn something, get the
exam and thats it. But I want the knowledge behind so when I go to an
interview, I don't want them to wonder how I passed the exams )

That is just my personal view. I am also quite new to these exams and
finished the first exam a few weeks ago (070-536). I am preparing myself
for the 070-562 at the moment. And maybe I interrupt myself shortly to
quickly take the 070-433 which could be quicker and easier for me.)

With kind regards,

Konrad