Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: 21 Hour Work Week Anyone?

Re: 21 Hour Work Week Anyone?

Whiskers

On 2010-02-13, Steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Cut working week to 21 hours, urges think tank"

> So, how is the government going to make up the lost revenue?

1) By not having to pay benefits to the people currently not working who
would be employed to do the work for the other half of the week

and

2) Getting Income Tax etc from those same newly employed people.

Of course it isn't quite that simple; for a start, we haven't got 50%
unemployment (at least not yet). But the idea is to improve the quality
of life for everyone, rather than perpetuate the rat race.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Mr Pounder

"Whiskers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 2010-02-13, Steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> "Cut working week to 21 hours, urges think tank"
>>
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8513783.stm
>>
>> So, how is the government going to make up the lost revenue?

> 1) By not having to pay benefits to the people currently not working who
> would be employed to do the work for the other half of the week
>
> and
>
> 2) Getting Income Tax etc from those same newly employed people.
>
> Of course it isn't quite that simple; for a start, we haven't got 50%
> unemployment (at least not yet). But the idea is to improve the quality
> of life for everyone, rather than perpetuate the rat race.
>
> --
> -- ^^^^^^^^^^
> -- Whiskers
> -- ~~~~~~~~~~

I would go for a 10 hour day and a 3 day "weekend".
Most people would find this preferable to the age old 2 day weekend.

Mr Pounder

Whiskers

On 2010-02-13, Mr Pounder <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Whiskers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On 2010-02-13, Steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

[...]

> I would go for a 10 hour day and a 3 day "weekend".
> Most people would find this preferable to the age old 2 day weekend.
>
> Mr Pounder

Some might prefer a five-day 40 hour week for six months and the other six
months free - either alternating months or in two blocks, or some mixture.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

NotMe

"Mr Pounder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dgzdn.39616$(E-Mail Removed) m...

> "Whiskers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On 2010-02-13, Steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>
>>> "Cut working week to 21 hours, urges think tank"
>>>
>>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8513783.stm
>>>
>>> So, how is the government going to make up the lost revenue?

>> 1) By not having to pay benefits to the people currently not working who
>> would be employed to do the work for the other half of the week
>>
>> and
>>
>> 2) Getting Income Tax etc from those same newly employed people.
>>
>> Of course it isn't quite that simple; for a start, we haven't got 50%
>> unemployment (at least not yet). But the idea is to improve the quality
>> of life for everyone, rather than perpetuate the rat race.
>>
>> --
>> -- ^^^^^^^^^^
>> -- Whiskers
>> -- ~~~~~~~~~~

> I would go for a 10 hour day and a 3 day "weekend".
> Most people would find this preferable to the age old 2 day weekend.
>
> Mr Pounder

Many years back one of the companies I worked with switched to a 4 and 1/2
day during daylight saving time. Productivity when up and recruitment was
easier. Later went a 4.5 day week all year long. Things improved again but
not as much as the DLST change.

Mr Pounder

"Whiskers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 2010-02-13, Mr Pounder <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> "Whiskers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> On 2010-02-13, Steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> [...]
>
>> I would go for a 10 hour day and a 3 day "weekend".
>> Most people would find this preferable to the age old 2 day weekend.
>>
>> Mr Pounder

> Some might prefer a five-day 40 hour week for six months and the other six
> months free - either alternating months or in two blocks, or some mixture.
>
> --
> -- ^^^^^^^^^^
> -- Whiskers
> -- ~~~~~~~~~~

To complicated, other staff would have to be employed

Mr Pounder

Whiskers

On 2010-02-14, Mr Pounder <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Whiskers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On 2010-02-13, Mr Pounder <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> "Whiskers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> [...]
>>
>>> I would go for a 10 hour day and a 3 day "weekend".
>>> Most people would find this preferable to the age old 2 day weekend.
>>>
>>> Mr Pounder

>> Some might prefer a five-day 40 hour week for six months and the other six
>> months free - either alternating months or in two blocks, or some mixture.

> To complicated,

How so? Merchant sailors, offshore oil-rig workers, and
lighthouse-keepers, have been doing that sort of thing for a long time.
Military outfits have 'tours of duty'. Many organisations already cope
with 'furloughs' and 'sabbatticals' and 'gardening leave' and
'secondments'. Not to mention 'maternity leave'. Teaching mills
(self-styled 'educational establishments') have had 'terms' and
'vacations' for centuries.

> other staff would have to be employed

That is rather the point ...

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Bucky Breeder

"Mr Pounder" <(E-Mail Removed)> gayyed this out
via the very openly gayest network in the universe by way of
this news:AzTdn.39976$(E-Mail Removed) m:

> To complicated, other staff would have to be employed
>
> Mr Pounder

Your ghaa-hay and reEEE-tarded; makes you Ghaa-HAY-tarded.
We know where you "employ" *YOUR* staffs...
In your British pooty-hole!
That's where you employ *your* staffs.

WORD
GSTQ
PTL
WWJD
UNICEF

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ;
and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER'

My newest GF (she makes my emoticons drool) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifA1AQe_NF0

Do-over without the Spanish accents? Pleasssseeee...:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C7caO19sB4

Winter Olympics : WITHOUT steroids and iron-curtain
sex change operations, it's just a ghaa-hay-snow-slide.

You should not view the world in terms
and finding acceptance of them as such.

I could help you with that... but...
I really just don't like you that much.

Mr Pounder

"Whiskers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 2010-02-14, Mr Pounder <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> "Whiskers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Some might prefer a five-day 40 hour week for six months and the other
>>> six
>>> months free - either alternating months or in two blocks, or some
>>> mixture.

>> To complicated,

> How so? Merchant sailors, offshore oil-rig workers, and
> lighthouse-keepers, have been doing that sort of thing for a long time.
> Military outfits have 'tours of duty'. Many organisations already cope
> with 'furloughs' and 'sabbatticals' and 'gardening leave' and
> 'secondments'. Not to mention 'maternity leave'. Teaching mills
> (self-styled 'educational establishments') have had 'terms' and
> 'vacations' for centuries.
>
>> other staff would have to be employed

> That is rather the point ...
>
> --
> -- ^^^^^^^^^^
> -- Whiskers
> -- ~~~~~~~~~~

I have done 4 months on and 4 months off, most haven't and would not like
too.
My 10 hour day is still the best method.

Mr Pounder

Bucky Breeder

"Mr Pounder" <(E-Mail Removed)> via
the ghaa-hayest retarded news-server on Earth with
news:jZgen.40464$(E-Mail Removed) om:

> I have done 4 months on and 4 months off,
> most haven't and would not like too.
> My 10 hour day is still the best method.
>
> Mr Pounder

Yeah... because YOUR HINEY-HOLE is used to it!
You lame Brit-FAGGOT, you're probably already blind
from rubbin' 'em out to pictures of Prince Charles.

(Catch its sppeling errors... LOL! - so typical)

HTH
HAND
GSTQ
PTL
WWJD
NRA
ADL
AARP
FEMA
UNICEF

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ;
and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER'

My newest GF (she makes my emoticons drool) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifA1AQe_NF0

Do-over without the Spanish accents? Pleasssseeee...:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C7caO19sB4

Winter Olympics : WITHOUT steroids and iron-curtain
sex change operations, it's just a ghaa-hay-snow-slide.

You should not view the world in terms
and finding acceptance of them as such.

I could help you with that... but...
I really just don't like you that much.

POGO PUNY

In article <Xns9D208B4F34483BuckyGram@207.246.207.164>,
Bucky Breeder <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.i t.out>
wrote:

> "Mr Pounder" <(E-Mail Removed)> via
> the ghaa-hayest retarded news-server on Earth with
> news:jZgen.40464$(E-Mail Removed) om:
> >
> > I have done 4 months on and 4 months off,
> > most haven't and would not like too.
> > My 10 hour day is still the best method.
> >
> > Mr Pounder

> Yeah... because YOUR HINEY-HOLE is used to it!
> You lame Brit-FAGGOT, you're probably already blind
> from rubbin' 'em out to pictures of Prince Charles.

Gosh FAGTARD u sure got an obsession with assholes and diapers