Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > OpenGL 2.1 API xml crap ? :(

OpenGL 2.1 API xml crap ? :(

Wolfgang Draxinger

Skybuck Flying wrote:

> What the hell are they doing using all that crap for their docs ?

Because it makes them machine readable, thus allowing for a couple of
interesting things like automatic translation in other documentation formats
or use in IDE's inline documentation systems. Or more fancy stuff like
automatically creating binding/extension loader libraries like GLEW.

Also you can't use HTML for some of the reference pages, as HTML has no
method for writing mathematical expressions. For that you need MathML, which
in turn is just some XML DTD and thus requires full XML support.

Just. Dump. Internet Explorer! It the worst browser out there.

Wolfgang
--
OpenGL tip #42:
How to exactly map texture texels to screen pixels:

Neredbojias

On 14 Feb 2010, "Pulse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> BTW, have a look at http://www.mozilla.org now - they're boldly
> displaying the red star. They are (red) communists - and open about -
> have been since they took over years ago. If you trust them so much
> fine, I don't particularly.

Note that theres' a white and yellow star embedded inside so they're
probably Chinese communists with a White Russian minority.

--
Neredbojias
http://www.neredbojias.org/

dorayme

In article <hl916l$6sq$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Doug Miller) wrote:

> In article <a397a$4b76d40d$d53371df$(E-Mail Removed)1.nb.ho me.nl>, "Skybuck
> Flying" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >Doesn't seem to have anything to do with browser choice...

> Since you [apparently] don't use anything but IE, you would know this how??
>
> Get a better browser, such as Firefox, or Opera, or Chrome, or Safari, or,
> basically, anything but IE.
>
> Or devote your time instead to something you find a little easier to
> understand. Consider taking up knitting as a hobby.

Ever tried this? Not so easy! Plain stitch, my mother taught me
ok. But pearl and 'casting on" and "casting off", you have to be
kidding! If I could work out how to voice operate this computer
(I *love* talking) I would hone up on my knitting skills and knit
all cold climate alt htmlers scarfs...

--
dorayme

Foots

"Jonathan N. Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hl9ckq$lqn$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> Skybuck Flying wrote:
>

>> What's wrong with HTML for godssakes ?!

> I'm going to regret this.
>
> Okay I have already explained this, the manual uses complex mathatical
> formulas. They are using MathML for these formulas which requires the
> XHTML. HTML is great but is not extensible to the MathML features. To make
> these formulas in an HTML document you would have to use images.

They should've used Flash or Java!
I'll get me coat....
; )

Pulse

Well, (red) communist one way or another. Dollars to donoughts you would
find the leanings that way among those most involved.

"Neredbojias" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) .net...
> On 14 Feb 2010, "Pulse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> BTW, have a look at http://www.mozilla.org now - they're boldly
>> displaying the red star. They are (red) communists - and open about -
>> have been since they took over years ago. If you trust them so much
>> fine, I don't particularly.

> Note that theres' a white and yellow star embedded inside so they're
> probably Chinese communists with a White Russian minority.
>
> --
> Neredbojias
> http://www.neredbojias.org/
> http://www.neredbojias.net/

Pulse

No tin foil needed - they proclaim it now and have been for years. You just
need look:

http://www-archive.mozilla.org/party/1998/mozilla.gif

"Doug Miller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hl9bvg$h5p$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> In article <hl98rj$27u$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Pulse" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>>LOL. Open source. As if in the mind boggling millions of lines of code
>>something couldn't be slipped in - or many things. And if one's
>>discovered?
>>Oh that's just a bug - we'll issue a patch for you.

> You clearly don't understand. Never mind, though -- if Firefox bothers
> you,
> use Opera instead. Or Safari. Or Chrome. IE is a POS.
>>
>>BTW, have a look at http://www.mozilla.org now - they're boldly
>>displaying
>>the red star.

> No, they're not, dumbass. *You* look at it. Then compare to this:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_star
>
>>They are (red) communists - and open about - have been since
>>they took over years ago. If you trust them so much fine, I don't
>>particularly.

> It's time to change the tin-foil lining in your hat again.
>
>>"Doug Miller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:hl6ocd$utk$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>>>
>>> It's open source. If there were any trojans, they would have been
>>> discovered
>>> and publicized long ago.

>>> Since Firefox is not a Microsoft product, that's, ummm, pretty unlikely.

>>> Then you're a fool.

Doug Miller

In article <hl9qhu$aj9$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Pulse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Well, (red) communist one way or another. Dollars to donoughts you would
>find the leanings that way among those most involved.

Friggin' loon.

Have you ever looked at national flags? How many of these countries are
communist?
Algeria (red star)
Australia (white stars)
Burkina Faso (yellow star)
Cameroon (yellow star)
Central African Republic (yellow star)
Chile (white star)
Djibouti (red star)
Ghana (black star)
Guineau-Bissau (black star)
Honduras (blue stars)
and that's just the first eight letters of the alphabet.

Skybuck Flying

"The Magpie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:FlWdn.399030$(E-Mail Removed)2...
> On 14/02/2010 17:13, Skybuck Flying wrote:
>>
>> Oh great so now people need a super-duper-state-of-the-art webbrowser for
>> something as old as opengl which works on windows 95 ?!
>>
>> What's wrong with HTML for godssakes ?!
>>

> There is absolutely nothing (much) wrong with a decent implementation
> of HTML at all. Or with XML.
>
> What is wrong is the stupid ****ing way you are trying to use antique,
> broken and buggy software to do a job it was never capable of damn
> well doing!
>
> Did you not even take the hint when you got a *Microsoft* message
> telling you the *Microsoft* software was broken and that you needed
> more *Microsoft* software to make it work?
>
> FOr crying out loud, mate - who *else* do you want to tell you to stop
> using that crap and get something from this century!

That doesn't make sense, since it works online, and doesn't work offline...
so no I don't need extra software !

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

"Jonathan N. Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hl9ckq$lqn$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> Skybuck Flying wrote:
>

>> What's wrong with HTML for godssakes ?!

> I'm going to regret this.
>
> Okay I have already explained this, the manual uses complex mathatical
> formulas. They are using MathML for these formulas which requires the
> XHTML. HTML is great but is not extensible to the MathML features. To make
> these formulas in an HTML document you would have to use images.

What kind of formula's ?

Can you give an example opengl page ?

Bye,
Skybuck

Jonathan N. Little

Skybuck Flying wrote:
> "Jonathan N. Little"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:hl9ckq$lqn$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>> Skybuck Flying wrote:
>>

>>> What's wrong with HTML for godssakes ?!

>> I'm going to regret this.
>>
>> Okay I have already explained this, the manual uses complex mathatical
>> formulas. They are using MathML for these formulas which requires the
>> XHTML. HTML is great but is not extensible to the MathML features. To make
>> these formulas in an HTML document you would have to use images.

> What kind of formula's ?
>
> Can you give an example opengl page ?

You're "density" is wearing:

http://www.opengl.org/sdk/docs/man/x...MultMatrix.xml