Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > OpenGL 2.1 API xml crap ? :(

OpenGL 2.1 API xml crap ? :(

Doug Miller

In article <cb915$4b76d473$d53371df$(E-Mail Removed)1.nb.ho me.nl>, "Skybuck Flying" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>FireFox is a security risk... there could be trojans in there... and then
>who you sue ?

It's open source. If there were any trojans, they would have been discovered
and publicized long ago.

>If microsoft puts a trojan in firefox all hell will break loose ?!

Since Firefox is not a Microsoft product, that's, ummm, pretty unlikely.

>So I trust IE8 more than FireFox ! LOL.

Then you're a fool.

Jonathan N. Little

Doug Miller wrote:
> In article<cb915$4b76d473$d53371df$(E-Mail Removed) 1.nb.home.nl>, "Skybuck Flying"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> FireFox is a security risk... there could be trojans in there... and then
>> who you sue ?

> It's open source. If there were any trojans, they would have been discovered
> and publicized long ago.
>>
>> If microsoft puts a trojan in firefox all hell will break loose ?!

> Since Firefox is not a Microsoft product, that's, ummm, pretty unlikely.
>>
>> So I trust IE8 more than FireFox ! LOL.

> Then you're a fool.

More likely trolling.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Skybuck Flying

The OpenGL website also wants me to install some weird Microsoft XHTML
thingy ?!?

Weird ! What the hell is all that stuff ?!

(I refuse to install it because IE8 says it might be dangerous.)

To be exact:

MSXML 3.0 SP10 ?!?!?!? (AddOn)

What the hell is that all about ?

Bye,
Skybuck.

Doug Miller

In article <a397a$4b76d40d$d53371df$(E-Mail Removed)1.nb.ho me.nl>, "Skybuck Flying" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Doesn't make much sense to me...
>
>IE8 works just fine when browsing the same files online...
>
>When browsing offline it doesn't work anymore ?!?
>
>How come ?!?

Server-side preprocessing that isn't occurring when you view it locally would
be the most obvious explanation.

>Doesn't seem to have anything to do with browser choice...

Since you [apparently] don't use anything but IE, you would know this how??

Get a better browser, such as Firefox, or Opera, or Chrome, or Safari, or,
basically, anything but IE.

Or devote your time instead to something you find a little easier to
understand. Consider taking up knitting as a hobby.

Pulse

LOL. Open source. As if in the mind boggling millions of lines of code
something couldn't be slipped in - or many things. And if one's discovered?
Oh that's just a bug - we'll issue a patch for you.

BTW, have a look at http://www.mozilla.org now - they're boldly displaying
the red star. They are (red) communists - and open about - have been since
they took over years ago. If you trust them so much fine, I don't
particularly.

"Doug Miller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hl6ocd$utk$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> In article <cb915$4b76d473$d53371df$(E-Mail Removed)1.nb.ho me.nl>,
> "Skybuck Flying" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>FireFox is a security risk... there could be trojans in there... and then
>>who you sue ?

> It's open source. If there were any trojans, they would have been
> discovered
> and publicized long ago.
>>
>>If microsoft puts a trojan in firefox all hell will break loose ?!

> Since Firefox is not a Microsoft product, that's, ummm, pretty unlikely.
>>
>>So I trust IE8 more than FireFox ! LOL.

> Then you're a fool.

Skybuck Flying

"Ed Mullen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Skybuck Flying wrote:
>> The OpenGL website also wants me to install some weird Microsoft XHTML
>> thingy ?!?
>>
>> Weird ! What the hell is all that stuff ?!
>>

> What in God's name are you doing screwing around with this stuff if you
> can't even figure this out? Oh. I forgot. Troll.

What the hell are they doing using all that crap for their docs ?

Bye,
Skybuck

Skybuck Flying

"Doug Miller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hl916l$6sq$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> In article <a397a$4b76d40d$d53371df$(E-Mail Removed)1.nb.ho me.nl>,
> "Skybuck Flying" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>Doesn't make much sense to me...
>>
>>IE8 works just fine when browsing the same files online...
>>
>>When browsing offline it doesn't work anymore ?!?
>>
>>How come ?!?

> Server-side preprocessing that isn't occurring when you view it locally
> would
> be the most obvious explanation.
>>
>>Doesn't seem to have anything to do with browser choice...

> Since you [apparently] don't use anything but IE, you would know this
> how??
>
> Get a better browser, such as Firefox, or Opera, or Chrome, or Safari, or,
> basically, anything but IE.
>
> Or devote your time instead to something you find a little easier to
> understand. Consider taking up knitting as a hobby.

Oh great so now people need a super-duper-state-of-the-art webbrowser for
something as old as opengl which works on windows 95 ?!

What's wrong with HTML for godssakes ?!

Bye,
Skybuck =D

The Magpie

On 14/02/2010 17:13, Skybuck Flying wrote:

> Oh great so now people need a super-duper-state-of-the-art webbrowser for
> something as old as opengl which works on windows 95 ?!
>
> What's wrong with HTML for godssakes ?!

There is absolutely nothing (much) wrong with a decent implementation
of HTML at all. Or with XML.

What is wrong is the stupid ****ing way you are trying to use antique,
broken and buggy software to do a job it was never capable of damn
well doing!

Did you not even take the hint when you got a *Microsoft* message
telling you the *Microsoft* software was broken and that you needed
more *Microsoft* software to make it work?

FOr crying out loud, mate - who *else* do you want to tell you to stop
using that crap and get something from this century!

Doug Miller

In article <hl98rj$27u$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Pulse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>LOL. Open source. As if in the mind boggling millions of lines of code
>something couldn't be slipped in - or many things. And if one's discovered?
>Oh that's just a bug - we'll issue a patch for you.

You clearly don't understand. Never mind, though -- if Firefox bothers you,
use Opera instead. Or Safari. Or Chrome. IE is a POS.

>BTW, have a look at http://www.mozilla.org now - they're boldly displaying
>the red star.

No, they're not, dumbass. *You* look at it. Then compare to this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_star

>They are (red) communists - and open about - have been since
>they took over years ago. If you trust them so much fine, I don't
>particularly.

It's time to change the tin-foil lining in your hat again.

>"Doug Miller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:hl6ocd$utk$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>> In article <cb915$4b76d473$d53371df$(E-Mail Removed)1.nb.ho me.nl>,
>> "Skybuck Flying" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>FireFox is a security risk... there could be trojans in there... and then
>>>who you sue ?

>> It's open source. If there were any trojans, they would have been
>> discovered
>> and publicized long ago.
>>>
>>>If microsoft puts a trojan in firefox all hell will break loose ?!

>> Since Firefox is not a Microsoft product, that's, ummm, pretty unlikely.
>>>
>>>So I trust IE8 more than FireFox ! LOL.

>> Then you're a fool.

Jonathan N. Little

Skybuck Flying wrote:

> What's wrong with HTML for godssakes ?!

I'm going to regret this.

Okay I have already explained this, the manual uses complex mathatical
formulas. They are using MathML for these formulas which requires the
XHTML. HTML is great but is not extensible to the MathML features. To
make these formulas in an HTML document you would have to use images.

--
Take care,

Jonathan