Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Chip and PIN is Broken!

Chip and PIN is Broken!

Jim Watt

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 02:04:07 GMT, unruh
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> I never understood why photoid on cards never took off. That
>> provides another security feature.

>Sure, but it makes issuing and reissuing harder.

Not in the age of digital cameras. Natwest allow
you to put your photo on their credit cards if you
like. I like.

Spain, where IS cards are mandatory but not with the
sophistication HMG wants, its routine to ask for photo
id when paying with a card.
--
Jim Watt
http://www.gibnet.com

♥Ari ♥

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 17:50:06 +0100, Jim Watt wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 02:04:07 GMT, unruh
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>> I never understood why photoid on cards never took off. That
>>> provides another security feature.

>>Sure, but it makes issuing and reissuing harder.

> Not in the age of digital cameras. Natwest allow
> you to put your photo on their credit cards if you
> like. I like.
>
> Spain, where IS cards are mandatory but not with the
> sophistication HMG wants, its routine to ask for photo
> id when paying with a card.

Apparently you don't understand American women

One reason the photoid is falling behind the scenes is the upcoming Real
ID Card which will be the de facto ID system in America.
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj