Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Explorer.exe didn't start after bootup.

Explorer.exe didn't start after bootup.

Skybuck Flying

Hello,

I just booted up my PC, explorer.exe didn't start, so I run it manually from
Task Manager.

Sometimes during the PC usage explorer.exe will consume 50% of cpu (one
core), but this is the first time I have seen it not start on bootup.

To me it seems like the updates that were installed 2 days ago might have
something to do with it.

I have also read that some pc's with xp couldn't boot at all after the
updates (blue screens of death ?!?)

I hope for me and my pc the situation doesn't get worse from here on...

Bye,
Skybuck.

Bobby Johnson

Running Windows 7 Professional x64 I have no ill effects from the
updates on Tuesday.

Also none on my Eee PC 1000HE with Win 7 Home Premium x86.

On 2010-02-12 10:20, Skybuck Flying wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just booted up my PC, explorer.exe didn't start, so I run it manually from
> Task Manager.
>
> Sometimes during the PC usage explorer.exe will consume 50% of cpu (one
> core), but this is the first time I have seen it not start on bootup.
>
> To me it seems like the updates that were installed 2 days ago might have
> something to do with it.
>
> I have also read that some pc's with xp couldn't boot at all after the
> updates (blue screens of death ?!?)
>
> I hope for me and my pc the situation doesn't get worse from here on...
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Windows XP x64 Pro.

Question is for microsoft to be more carefull and pay attention to
explorer.exe it's been wacky forever

Bye,
Skybuck.

Bobby Johnson

What is explorer doing whacky? I have never experienced anything
"whacky" about explorer.

On 2010-02-12 20:10, Skybuck Flying wrote:
> Windows XP x64 Pro.
>
> Question is for microsoft to be more carefull and pay attention to
> explorer.exe it's been wacky forever
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

On my system it sometimes hangs 50%... are you sure you spending enough time
behind your computer ?

Are you sure you using windows and not a mac ?! lol

Bye,
Skybuck

"Bobby Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What is explorer doing whacky? I have never experienced anything "whacky"
> about explorer.
>

> On 2010-02-12 20:10, Skybuck Flying wrote:
>> Windows XP x64 Pro.
>>
>> Question is for microsoft to be more carefull and pay attention to
>> explorer.exe it's been wacky forever
>>
>> Bye,
>> Skybuck.

Bobby Johnson

Oh, I spend enough time behind a computer. Probably more than I should!

And, No, I do not have a Mac. I am currently running Win 7 x64 and had
XP x64 previously. I skipped Vista.

On 2010-02-14 02:11, Skybuck Flying wrote:
> On my system it sometimes hangs 50%... are you sure you spending enough time
> behind your computer ?
>
> Are you sure you using windows and not a mac ?! lol
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck
>
> "Bobby Johnson"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> What is explorer doing whacky? I have never experienced anything "whacky"
>> about explorer.
>>

>> On 2010-02-12 20:10, Skybuck Flying wrote:
>>> Windows XP x64 Pro.
>>>
>>> Question is for microsoft to be more carefull and pay attention to
>>> explorer.exe it's been wacky forever
>>>
>>> Bye,
>>> Skybuck.

Dennis Pack

David:
We don't need a moderator in this newsgroup. If there were a true
moderator you would be scolded for not giving an answer and for top posting.
The basic rule in the last 5-6 years is to reply only if you have an answer
or another direction to follow. Skybuck has been asking questions about XP
x64 for over a year. I didn't answer him because I haven't noted this oddity
in any of my systems since Windows 3.1. Have a great day.
--
Dennis Pack
Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4869 (20100215) __________

http://www.eset.com