Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Skype to SIP Gateway

Skype to SIP Gateway

Steve Terry

"Graham." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hl271q$t94$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> "andy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On 11 Feb, 20:58, "Graham." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Mmm, ISWYM.
>>> This is bad news I just tried calling a Sipgate and a Tesco account by
>>> SIP URI
>>> and confirmed that it doesn't work.
>>> __But_ just_a_ minute__
>>> the solution has been here all along an I failed to see it
>>> The Betamax trunk we are using for outgoing calls... no reason at all
>>> why
>>> we shouldn't use it for the incoming leg as well, and I know you can
>>> call it
>>> by URI.
>>> In short, I have overcomplicated the project unnecessarily.
>>> So, get rid of the Orbtalk trunk and its corresponding inbound route in
>>> pbxes,
>>> and simply create a new inbound route with the same name as the Betamax
>>> trunk,
>>> and send it to "callthrough PIN"

>> Try it, but like Sipgate, Betamax brands do not accept incoming calls
>> to the SIP URI from all or even that many providers

> The call is not coming from a provider, its origanated in the SIP client
> running on the PC
>>
>> It would be good to get this going without a PC running. I think it's
>> possible.

> It's certainly possible, you've just got to ask what's in it for those
> hosting such
> a system in a data-centre.
> Graham.

If i had some dosh i'd set up an indirect provider Co (like 1899.com)
but based in Scotland with a Three access number.
(3Pay users get 5000 inc mins)

Then in 6 months when the final demands come in from Three for
connection charges, and whichever Telco provided the switch.
Declare bankruptcy and take the first plane out to Rio with the
suitcase of money made from my subscribers. )

No i wouldn't to do such a thing, planned bankruptcy is fraud
and so illegal

Steve Terry
--
Get a free Three 3pay Sim with 2 bonus after 10 top up
http://freeagent.three.co.uk/stand/view/id/5276

Gordon Henderson

In article <hl1hre$m53$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>,
Graham. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Gordon Henderson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:hl0ttu$1mod$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In article <hl0qpt$jlk$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>,
>> Mr Benn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>"John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>>>Have you considered the SIP for Skype service?
>>>
>>>http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/busi...x-systems/sip/

>> It never ceases to amaze me the effort people will make just to get a
>> free phone call or 2! The gatway mentioned above really does take some
>> effort to put together, not to mention requiring a PC running all the
>> time, and the management of 2 different VoIP accounts!

>It's true my father was a canny Scott, consequently I am predisposed to
>watch the pennies,

Well I actually am a Scott, although having lived in the SW of Engurland
for the past 20 years or so, that may have tempered me "Scottishness"
somewhat!!

>but it seems to me that the ability to make calls at Betamax rates from
>a PAYG mobile
>with no credit is worth leaving your home PC on for, especially if it
>was going to
>run 24/7 for other reasons.

So the challenge is to make a call from a mobile with no credit, but
one with a Skype client built in that will allow you to make Skype
calls with no credit...

Er, OK - good luck! If it works for you and all that...

Gordon

John

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 20:58:17 -0000, "Graham." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Mmm, ISWYM.
>This is bad news I just tried calling a Sipgate and a Tesco account by SIP URI
>and confirmed that it doesn't work.
>__But_ just_a_ minute__
>the solution has been here all along an I failed to see it
>The Betamax trunk we are using for outgoing calls... no reason at all why
>we shouldn't use it for the incoming leg as well, and I know you can call it
>by URI.
>In short, I have overcomplicated the project unnecessarily.
>So, get rid of the Orbtalk trunk and its corresponding inbound route in pbxes,
>and simply create a new inbound route with the same name as the Betamax trunk,
>and send it to "callthrough PIN"
>
>The entry in SkypeToSisAuth.props will now look something like this:
>*,sip:(E-Mail Removed):50 60
>
>or replace the * with the Skype name if you want to limit it to known users, (which you will).
>I will update http://skypegateway.webs.com when I get time.

Thanks Graham - I think I understand enough now to be able to set-up
sometime over the weekend.

John

Roger

"Graham." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hl1r1e$dmu$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> I've been following the excellent tutorial provided by Graham to set
>> up a Skype to SIP Gateway, for use with a Skypephone S2.
>>
>> http://www.skypegateway.webs.com/
>>
>> However, it seems that Orbtalk no longer provide free UK numbers to
>> individual users. Are there any alternatives, and if so, how do I
>> set them up?
>>
>> John

> Mmm, ISWYM.
> This is bad news I just tried calling a Sipgate and a Tesco account by SIP
> URI
> and confirmed that it doesn't work.
> __But_ just_a_ minute__
> the solution has been here all along an I failed to see it
> The Betamax trunk we are using for outgoing calls... no reason at all why
> we shouldn't use it for the incoming leg as well, and I know you can call
> it
> by URI.
> In short, I have overcomplicated the project unnecessarily.
> So, get rid of the Orbtalk trunk and its corresponding inbound route in
> pbxes,
> and simply create a new inbound route with the same name as the Betamax
> trunk,
> and send it to "callthrough PIN"
>
> The entry in SkypeToSisAuth.props will now look something like this:
> *,sip:(E-Mail Removed):5060
>
> or replace the * with the Skype name if you want to limit it to known
> users, (which you will).
> I will update http://skypegateway.webs.com when I get time.
>
> --
> Graham.
>
> %Profound_observation%

When sipgate first closed down their sip network to outside sip calls you
still used to be able to connect by dialling http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
instead of (E-Mail Removed)- might be worth trying if this still
works

Graham.

"Gordon Henderson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:hl2sof$1rr1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <hl1hre$m53$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>,
> Graham. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>"Gordon Henderson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:hl0ttu$1mod$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> It never ceases to amaze me the effort people will make just to get a
>>> free phone call or 2! The gatway mentioned above really does take some
>>> effort to put together, not to mention requiring a PC running all the
>>> time, and the management of 2 different VoIP accounts!

>>It's true my father was a canny Scott, consequently I am predisposed to
>>watch the pennies,

> Well I actually am a Scott, although having lived in the SW of Engurland
> for the past 20 years or so, that may have tempered me "Scottishness"
> somewhat!!

You'll have had your tea?

>>but it seems to me that the ability to make calls at Betamax rates from
>>a PAYG mobile
>>with no credit is worth leaving your home PC on for, especially if it
>>was going to
>>run 24/7 for other reasons.

> So the challenge is to make a call from a mobile with no credit, but
> one with a Skype client built in that will allow you to make Skype
> calls with no credit...

> Er, OK - good luck! If it works for you and all that...

Son #1 commenced academic sojourn at the end of September, armed with a 3 Skypephone
S2, and has made all his calls via the Skype to SIP gateway running on a PC here.

More a Holy Grail than a challenge

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Graham.

"John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 20:58:17 -0000, "Graham." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>Mmm, ISWYM.
>>This is bad news I just tried calling a Sipgate and a Tesco account by SIP URI
>>and confirmed that it doesn't work.
>>__But_ just_a_ minute__
>>the solution has been here all along an I failed to see it
>>The Betamax trunk we are using for outgoing calls... no reason at all why
>>we shouldn't use it for the incoming leg as well, and I know you can call it
>>by URI.
>>In short, I have overcomplicated the project unnecessarily.
>>So, get rid of the Orbtalk trunk and its corresponding inbound route in pbxes,
>>and simply create a new inbound route with the same name as the Betamax trunk,
>>and send it to "callthrough PIN"
>>
>>The entry in SkypeToSisAuth.props will now look something like this:
>>*,sip:(E-Mail Removed):506 0
>>
>>or replace the * with the Skype name if you want to limit it to known users, (which you will).
>>I will update http://skypegateway.webs.com when I get time.

> Thanks Graham - I think I understand enough now to be able to set-up
> sometime over the weekend.
>
> John

Well it's about time someone in this grouptried it
Let me know how you get on, especially if you find a better/different way to do it.

The idea of using the Betamax account for the incoming leg did work for a while,
but does nor seem to be reliable, I think it is losing its registration or something..

I seem to have found a good substitute for Orbtalk though, try localphone.com
You need to register an account, log into it, then click on the VOIP button at
the top of the page, then "upgrade to VOIP" on the next page, you will then see your
SIP id (7 digit number) and password (8 alpha-numeric characters) and the URI is in
the form of (E-Mail Removed)

Localphone do not seem to do free UK PSTN number so the SIP ID you
get doesn't relate to anything you can dial from the PSTN which is security advantage here.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

John

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 17:15:13 -0000, "Graham." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Thanks Graham - I think I understand enough now to be able to set-up
>> sometime over the weekend.
>>
>> John

>Well it's about time someone in this grouptried it
>Let me know how you get on, especially if you find a better/different way to do it.

I've managed to set up a working system (outgoing calls), but only by
following your directions! Thanks again for the help.

Obviously I don't get the Smartvoip freedays due to the shared IP
address, but that is only a minor drawback.

John

Graham.

"John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 17:15:13 -0000, "Graham." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>> Thanks Graham - I think I understand enough now to be able to set-up
>>> sometime over the weekend.
>>>
>>> John

>>Well it's about time someone in this grouptried it
>>Let me know how you get on, especially if you find a better/different way to do it.

> I've managed to set up a working system (outgoing calls), but only by
> following your directions! Thanks again for the help.
>
> Obviously I don't get the Smartvoip freedays due to the shared IP
> address, but that is only a minor drawback.

Yes all of us with Betamax accounts on pbxes are competing for the same
300 min
Of course in "personal data" you can change your country, which also changes the data-centre
where your account is hosted...
....Maybe Tokyo has less competition... Maybe more latency... Maybe I should keep quiet.
Actually have been on Paris for the recent past, and most of my UK landline calls still are free surprisingly.

Here is an enhansment that will give you single digit speed-dials 1-9 (zero will probebly work as well)

Paste this into the "custom dial patterns" of the outbound route that points to the smartvoip trunk
00.
01.
02.
03.
07.

Then paste this into dial rules of the smartvoip trunk. Replace the 1234567890 with your favourite 9 numbers
00441234567890+1|
00441234567890+2|
00441234567890+3|
00441234567890+4|
00441234567890+5|
00441234567890+6|
00441234567890+7|
00441234567890+8|
00441234567890+9|
0044+0|1.
0044+0|2.
0044+0|3.
0044+0|7.

Notice that 08 numbers are not catered for here yet, I have a Sipgate trunk that handles 0800 0808 & 0500
but as yet I have made no provision for 0870 0845 etc.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

David Knell

On Feb 11, 4:37*am, John <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> However, it seems that Orbtalk no longer provide free UK numbers to
> individual users. * *Are there any alternatives, and if so, how do I
> set them up?

Have a look at http://www.ukddi.com - free UK geographic numbers
routed wherever you like over SIP, IAX2 or H.323

I should declare an interest in this in that I run it..

--Dave

Graham.

"David Knell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On Feb 11, 4:37 am, John <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> However, it seems that Orbtalk no longer provide free UK numbers to
> individual users. Are there any alternatives, and if so, how do I
> set them up?

Have a look at http://www.ukddi.com - free UK geographic numbers
routed wherever you like over SIP, IAX2 or H.323

I should declare an interest in this in that I run it..

--Dave
And you are most welcome here.

I take it the IVR is not operational yet.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Skype to SIP gateway Graham. UK VOIP 23 10-19-2009 06:38 PM
USB Skype gateway AU-600--Can divert all of your Skype calls to your mobile. dianasun via HWKB.com VOIP 1 09-14-2009 12:29 PM
Skype Gateway,VoIP GSM Gateway,E1 GSM Channel bank Rebeccaliu VOIP 0 11-01-2006 02:16 PM
What prevents a SIP <=> Skype Gateway? Inman Harvey UK VOIP 6 10-23-2006 10:22 AM
USB Skype gateway AU-600--Can divert all of your Skype calls to your mobile. dianasun VOIP 1 11-17-2005 03:07 PM

Advertisments