Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: How do I do a screen dump?

Re: How do I do a screen dump?

Pen

On 2/9/2010 2:47 PM, Lasher wrote:
> How do I do a screen dump? I keep trying the Print Screen SysRq button
> between F12 and Scroll Lock but unfortunately when I try and paste
> into Word it's not pasting anything.
>
> Is there something I'm doing wrong or need to do first to get it to
> work?

Are you using "shift+printscreen"?

Jeff Strickland

"Lasher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 15:04:15 -0500, Pen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On 2/9/2010 2:47 PM, Lasher wrote:
>>> How do I do a screen dump? I keep trying the Print Screen SysRq button
>>> between F12 and Scroll Lock but unfortunately when I try and paste
>>> into Word it's not pasting anything.
>>>
>>> Is there something I'm doing wrong or need to do first to get it to
>>> work?
>>>

>>Are you using "shift+printscreen"?

> Thanks! I dont understand it but that made it work.

Prnt Scrn and Shift+Prnt Scrn give the same results for me. But you should
give ALT+Prnt Scrn a try. You will like the results.