Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Laptop S-video Out to HDTV

Laptop S-video Out to HDTV

vayumahesh vayumahesh is offline
Junior Member

I have Dell Latitude C610 with S-Video out (7-pin). I tried to connect it to S-video port (4-pin) on my Panasonic Plasma HDTV 720P. However, only laptop background shows up on the TV, not the entire desktop with programs and icons. It allows me drag the programs onto TV but thats not what I want.

I would like to mirror whatever is on Laptop onto TV. I would like to play movies in the laptop and watch them on HDTV. What am I missing ?

I tried connecting my friend's laptop with S-video (7-pin) to my TV and it worked great. So, it is definitely something on my laptop. I downloaded latest video drivers (ATI) from Dell website but that did not fix the problem.

Experts, any ideas please. Thanks for any help.