Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Adobe Reader for Windows XP64?

Adobe Reader for Windows XP64?

Bob AZ

Which version of Adobe Reader should I be using for Windows XP64?

The Adobe site is not specific and there does not appear to be a
viable way to ask.

Thanks
Bob AZ

Bobby Johnson

The 32-bit Adobe Reader version 9.3.0 will install and run on all x64
version of Windows.

Also check out the information @
http://www.pretentiousname.com/adobe...fix/index.html

On 2010-02-08 17:21, Bob AZ wrote:
> Which version of Adobe Reader should I be using for Windows XP64?
>
> The Adobe site is not specific and there does not appear to be a
> viable way to ask.
>
> Thanks
> Bob AZ

Carlos

But I'd go for lightweight Foxit Reader (freeware):
http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader/
rather than heavyweight Adobe.

Carlos

"Bobby Johnson" wrote:

> The 32-bit Adobe Reader version 9.3.0 will install and run on all x64
> version of Windows.
>
> Also check out the information @
> http://www.pretentiousname.com/adobe...fix/index.html
>

> On 2010-02-08 17:21, Bob AZ wrote:
> > Which version of Adobe Reader should I be using for Windows XP64?
> >
> > The Adobe site is not specific and there does not appear to be a
> > viable way to ask.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Bob AZ

> .

dgmacmi

"Bob AZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Which version of Adobe Reader should I be using for Windows XP64?
>
> The Adobe site is not specific and there does not appear to be a
> viable way to ask.
>
> Thanks
> Bob AZ

Adobe Reader version 9.3: http://get.adobe.com/reader/

If you check System Requirements {on the download page}, Adobe states that
Reader Version 9.3 is compatible with Windows XP with Service Packs 2 or 3
for both 32 bit and 64 bit.

Don

roman modic

Hello!

"Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> But I'd go for lightweight Foxit Reader (freeware):

SumatraPDF is also nice (but printing is slow):
http://blog.kowalczyk.info/software/...apdf/news.html

And another one is STDU Viewer:
http://www.stdutility.com/stduviewer.html

Regards, Roman

Gary Gary

>> But I'd go for lightweight Foxit Reader (freeware):

Foxit is totally great. Fast, efficient, great sensible shortcuts, very,
very well designed. MS should buy the company....but then they would ruin
it.

Phil Capron

Agree with idea of using Foxit instead.It was a pleasure to get rid of
bloated Adobe.

news:eIZ3$#(E-Mail Removed)...