Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > ASDM connects to the interface ethernet 0/1 ?

ASDM connects to the interface ethernet 0/1 ?

dt1649651@yahoo.com

We have a small network with only one LAN and have a ASA5510 router. I
have only used the CLI so far. Now I need to use ASDM to connect to
this router and am forced to connect my notebook directly to the
management 0/0. We do not have another router.

Is it possible to connect ASDM to configure this router thru ethernet
0/1 instead ?

Thanks,
DT

dt1649651@yahoo.com

On Feb 8, 12:32*pm, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> We have a small network with only one LAN and have a ASA5510 router. I
> have only used the CLI so far. Now I need to use ASDM *to connect to
> this router and am forced to connect my notebook directly to the
> management 0/0. We do not have another router.
>
> Is it possible to connect ASDM to configure this router thru ethernet
> 0/1 instead ?
>
> Thanks,
> DT

It looks like "http allow-subnet subnet-mask nameif-of-ethernet-0/1"
is what I want. I can access the asa via ASDM to ethernet 0/1 with
that command.

Thanks,
Dt