Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > Foxconn Inferno Katana P55 Motherboard

Foxconn Inferno Katana P55 Motherboard

Ian Ian is offline
Administrator
Ian's Avatar

Ninja Lane have a review of the Foxconn Inferno Katana P55 Motherboard, based on the popular Intel chipset:

Quote:
In this review we will be looking at one of the most anticipated motherboards of 2009, the Quantum Force P55 Inferno Katana. The name Inferno Katana may have a slight Ninja connotation, but we suspect the name was actually derived from the previous Quantum Force motherboard called the Flaming Blade. Naming products like this is never an easy task, not only do you have to contend with picking the right name, but also make sure your graphics department understands the meaning and can deliver proper imagery. As we saw during our unboxing the Inferno Katana article the graphics are great, so it would seem the message was interpreted correctly.

The Intel P55 is a desktop level chipset designed for mainstream and multimedia systems. In some ways the P55 is very similar to the X58 but takes things further by completely eliminating the Northbridge chip. The remaining functionally is was then moved to the processor for better performance.
Read the rest of the review here.