Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows 7 64bit, memory and motherboard

Windows 7 64bit, memory and motherboard

titus12

I am building a computer just to use Win7 64bit, fastest memory and the
Gigabyte GA H57 USB3 motherboard. Does it matter if you use a brand of
memory that is not in the memory support doc. for the motherboard?

Thank you,
David

Sardine

titus12 wrote:
> I am building a computer just to use Win7 64bit, fastest memory and the
> Gigabyte GA H57 USB3 motherboard. Does it matter if you use a brand of
> memory that is not in the memory support doc. for the motherboard?
>
> Thank you,
> David

David:
I almost always ignore those lists. Just buy a brand and type that is
popular or recommended by users you trust.

I do not buy expensive memory, or really cheap memory. Never had any issues.

Sardine

Bobby Johnson

Sometimes it is a problem, but you never know until you try. I had one
motherboard that was very picky and I ended up purchasing RAM on the
manufacturers list.

My experience with Gigabyte though is they are pretty forgiving about
the memory.

On 2010-02-06 20:57, titus12 wrote:
> I am building a computer just to use Win7 64bit, fastest memory and the
> Gigabyte GA H57 USB3 motherboard. Does it matter if you use a brand of
> memory that is not in the memory support doc. for the motherboard?
>
> Thank you,
> David

Carlos

Agreed.
I have used 3 different gigabyte mobos and had no issues with memory brands.
Kingston works fine for me.
Carlos

"Bobby Johnson" wrote:

> Sometimes it is a problem, but you never know until you try. I had one
> motherboard that was very picky and I ended up purchasing RAM on the
> manufacturers list.
>

> My experience with Gigabyte though is they are pretty forgiving about
> the memory.
>

> On 2010-02-06 20:57, titus12 wrote:
> > I am building a computer just to use Win7 64bit, fastest memory and the
> > Gigabyte GA H57 USB3 motherboard. Does it matter if you use a brand of
> > memory that is not in the memory support doc. for the motherboard?
> >
> > Thank you,
> > David
> >

> .

Jeff Gaines

On 07/02/2010 in message <u1#(E-Mail Removed)> titus12
wrote:

>I am building a computer just to use Win7 64bit, fastest memory and the
>Gigabyte GA H57 USB3 motherboard. Does it matter if you use a brand of
>memory that is not in the memory support doc. for the motherboard?
>
>Thank you,
>David

If you buy the RAM from Crucial using their configurator they guarantee it
will work.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
All things being equal, fat people use more soap