Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Status of lccwin

Status of lccwin

sandeep

Hello friends

I read a story that lccwin is no longer supported and will not be updated
any more. Does anyone know why or what is going on ?

Thanks

Seebs

On 2010-02-05, sandeep <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I read a story that lccwin is no longer supported and will not be updated
> any more. Does anyone know why or what is going on ?

I've heard nothing to that effect. It wouldn't hurt if you'd, say, provided
some kind of citation to the "story" so we could tell you whether it was
perhaps from a decade ago or otherwise irrelevant.

-s

Ian Collins

sandeep wrote:
> Hello friends
>
> I read a story that lccwin is no longer supported and will not be updated
> any more. Does anyone know why or what is going on ?

It has its own group (comp.compilers.lcc) why not ask there?

--
Ian Collins

jacob navia

sandeep a écrit :
> Hello friends
>
> I read a story that lccwin is no longer supported and will not be updated
> any more. Does anyone know why or what is going on ?
>
> Thanks

The reports of my death are a bit exaggerated.

Yours truly

lccwin

Malcolm McLean

I've used lcc for the first time, bundled with Matlab.

gwowen

On Feb 8, 4:06*pm, Malcolm McLean <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> I've used lcc for the first time, bundled with Matlab.

Matlab/MathWorks seem to have decided that LCC 2.4.7 is the One True
Version, and do not support any other version for use with the matlab
compiler. They maintain their own patchset for that version,
presumably bugfix only.

The last time I used Jacob's lcc, it was well into the 3.x version
numbers, and, as he said himself, it is still being regularly updated.

Keith Thompson

Malcolm McLean <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> I've used lcc for the first time, bundled with Matlab.

Is that lcc or lcc-win? Those are two different compilers, though the
latter is based on the former.

Nokia

Malcolm McLean

On Feb 8, 6:43*pm, Keith Thompson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Malcolm McLean <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> > I've used lcc for the first time, bundled with Matlab.

> Is that lcc or lcc-win? *Those are two different compilers, though the
> latter is based on the former.

It's command line is lcc. I lack the technical aptitude to tell which
version it is, or to run it outside of Matlab.

jacob navia

Malcolm McLean a écrit :
> On Feb 8, 6:43 pm, Keith Thompson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Malcolm McLean <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>> I've used lcc for the first time, bundled with Matlab.

>> Is that lcc or lcc-win? Those are two different compilers, though the
>> latter is based on the former.
>>

> It's command line is lcc. I lack the technical aptitude to tell which
> version it is, or to run it outside of Matlab.

Matlab bought my sources some 6 years ago, I do not remember
exactly. They refused to pay for any maintenance and they
maintain their version themselves. Problem is, many people
of Matlab ask me questions, and sometimes I refuse to answer
since they should go to Matlab for help.

The code generated by the Matlab version is very primitive,
like the original lcc was, but apparently they are satisfied with it.

Malcolm McLean

On Feb 8, 7:43*pm, jacob navia <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> The code generated by the Matlab version is very primitive,
> like the original lcc was, but apparently they are satisfied with it.

I thought. Matlab allows you to write fucntions in C, which of course
I used for the heavy lifting (clustering, mainly). However I have been
rather disappointed with it.