Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > xmlrcp - how to marshall objects

xmlrcp - how to marshall objects

Jean-Michel Pichavant

Deos anyone knows where to find an code sample describing how to
implement the interface to marshall one object into XMLRPC compliant
structures ?

I googled without any success, and what google does not find does not exist.

Let say I have this very simple class:

class Point:
def __init__(self, x, y):
self.x = x
self.y = y

I've looked into xmlrpc code, I see 2 options:
1/ override the Marshaller class of client and server
2/ looks like the lib is supporting a WRAPPER list system, it uses to
Marshall Datetime & Binary object. Can it be possible to add its own
class (could require to emplement the 'encode' method)

I sense I will spend much more time than required unless someone is
pointing me in the right direction.

JM

marshall interface needed? George2 C++ 0 04-05-2008 07:34 AM
New releases: We Are Marshall, Serenity Collectors Edition & 8 Simple Rules: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists Doug MacLean DVD Video 0 05-15-2007 04:54 AM
Marshall proof MJP Computer Support 11 11-05-2005 11:37 PM
xmlrcp register classes Sergio Rua Python 2 09-05-2005 04:25 PM

Advertisments