Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Drawing a zig-zag Trail in Python?

Drawing a zig-zag Trail in Python?

W. eWatson

I'd like to draw something like an animal track. Between each point is a
line. Perhaps the line would have an arrow showing the direction of
motion. There should be x-y coordinates axises. PIL? MatPlotLib, ??

mk

W. eWatson wrote:
> I'd like to draw something like an animal track. Between each point is a
> line. Perhaps the line would have an arrow showing the direction of
> motion. There should be x-y coordinates axises. PIL? MatPlotLib, ??

Pycairo?

Jean-Michel Pichavant

mk wrote:
> W. eWatson wrote:
>> I'd like to draw something like an animal track. Between each point
>> is a line. Perhaps the line would have an arrow showing the direction
>> of motion. There should be x-y coordinates axises. PIL? MatPlotLib, ??

> Pycairo?

turtle

http://docs.python.org/library/turtle.html

mk

Jean-Michel Pichavant wrote:
> mk wrote:
>> W. eWatson wrote:
>>> I'd like to draw something like an animal track. Between each point
>>> is a line. Perhaps the line would have an arrow showing the direction
>>> of motion. There should be x-y coordinates axises. PIL? MatPlotLib, ??

>> Pycairo?
>>

> turtle
>
> http://docs.python.org/library/turtle.html

It's in standard library, and therefore Not Cool.

<duck>

Grant Edwards

On 2010-02-05, W. eWatson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'd like to draw something like an animal track. Between each
> point is a line. Perhaps the line would have an arrow showing
> the direction of motion. There should be x-y coordinates
> axises. PIL? MatPlotLib, ??

I'd probably use gnuplot-py, but I'm probably biased since I've
been using gnuplot since way before I learned Python.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! Hello, GORRY-O!!
at I'm a GENIUS from HARVARD!!

W. eWatson

On 2/5/2010 9:30 AM, Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2010-02-05, W. eWatson<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I'd like to draw something like an animal track. Between each
>> point is a line. Perhaps the line would have an arrow showing
>> the direction of motion. There should be x-y coordinates
>> axises. PIL? MatPlotLib, ??

> I'd probably use gnuplot-py, but I'm probably biased since I've
> been using gnuplot since way before I learned Python.

It appears this is easier than I thought. MLB's plot will do it. I can
put arrows at the end of a line, and even use sleep to watch the path
slowly evolving.