Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Save "Zoomed" settings?

Save "Zoomed" settings?

johnn

Guess eyes wear out after 75+ erars of use - I often use the "Zoom" settings in Firefox.
I'm not really sure if this is a Fiefox or a Windows XP function, hence the double-post.

Is there a way where the "Zoomed" settings can be saved, so that they will be in use any time when I
start the programs, rather than having to set them every time?

Thanks!

_________________________
John
_________________________

"God is dead"
-- Nietzsche (1844-1900)
"Nietzsche is dead"
-- God

Tim Meddick

I believe the "zoom" feature you spoke of, is a function of Firefox, and *not* part
of the Windows OS.

Windows, by default, includes a very crude "Magnifier" utility, that starts as a
re-sizeable box that shows a magnified area around where you point your cursor (to
start it, type : "magnify.exe" into the "Run" box).

This does not sound anything like your "zoom"...

Otherwise, Internet Explorer has only a choice of "text sizes" to play with,
configured by going to the top menus and choosing : View > Text Size ...and
choosing from the five available possibilities.

==

Cheers, Tim Meddick, Peckham, London.

"johnn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Guess eyes wear out after 75+ erars of use - I often use the "Zoom" settings in
> Firefox.
> I'm not really sure if this is a Fiefox or a Windows XP function, hence the
> double-post.
>
> Is there a way where the "Zoomed" settings can be saved, so that they will be in
> use any time when I
> start the programs, rather than having to set them every time?
>
> Thanks!
>
> _________________________
> John
> _________________________
>
> "God is dead"
> -- Nietzsche (1844-1900)
> "Nietzsche is dead"
> -- God

John Doe

Not that it matters to the original poster now, but...

Enter this in your browser address bar.

about:config

Then make sure this setting is True.

browser.zoom.siteSpecific

Also, if you don't want pop-up windows to change the zoom of the
main window, like when you are looking at a picture that you want
magnified more than usual, make sure this setting is False.

browser.zoom.updateBackgroundTabs