Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Ponder points. "code behind" framework

Ponder points. "code behind" framework

Girish

I understand that the code behind concept is a framework that separates code
logic from visulization code.

I belive this is true for pages that are mostly static. Ie. Forms elements
on a page that are fixed in number.

What if i had a requirement that involves a highly dynamic page, with a
dynamic number of form elements based on various user selections. I cant
see how I cant separate code that splits the "form generation logic" as a
code behind and have another file that would just hold "visulisation code".

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Girish

Marina

If your page is completely unpredictable, then the .aspx page would be
pretty much empty, and the code behind would truly generate all the content.
It can do this by dynamically creating elements (textboxes, labels, grids,
etc) and adding them to the page at run time.

Otherwise, your page might have placeholders for certain pieces, and your
codebehind would filll in the blanks at run time depending on what it needed
to do.

So this model allows for any level of extensibility. The page can be
completely static, or completely dynamic, and this model supports both.

"Girish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I understand that the code behind concept is a framework that separates

code
> logic from visulization code.
>
> I belive this is true for pages that are mostly static. Ie. Forms elements
> on a page that are fixed in number.
>
> What if i had a requirement that involves a highly dynamic page, with a
> dynamic number of form elements based on various user selections. I cant
> see how I cant separate code that splits the "form generation logic" as a
> code behind and have another file that would just hold "visulisation

code".

> Any thoughts on this?
>
> Thanks,
> Girish

Ten thoughts to ponder Meat Plow Computer Support 3 11-03-2010 01:53 AM
Question To Ponder Lawrence D'Oliveiro NZ Computing 4 05-30-2009 02:12 AM
Ponder This? argyliz Computer Support 2 11-09-2008 09:15 PM
an interesting one-liner to ponder John Joyce Ruby 1 11-17-2007 04:26 PM
OT: Something to ponder BratŪ MCSE 50 07-09-2004 06:59 PM

Advertisments