Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Virginia takes sides with health care reform.....can they do it legally?

Virginia takes sides with health care reform.....can they do it legally?

richard

The state of Virginia now has as a law making it lllegal to force residents
to take health insurance.

Assuming that Obama's health plan does actually get passed as a law, which
law will take precedence? What if all 50 states come along and pass similar
laws? Then Congress enacts the plan anyway.

rf

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The state of Virginia now has as a law making it lllegal to force
> residents
> to take health insurance.
>
> Assuming that Obama's health plan does actually get passed as a law, which
> law will take precedence? What if all 50 states come along and pass
> similar
> laws? Then Congress enacts the plan anyway.

Who gives a bloody rats arse about your petty little laws and states and
presidents. I know I don't.

The entire population of your so beloved little tiny U S of A adds up to
only five percent of the people on this planet. You are such a small
minority that you can be safely and silently ignored.

Especially you, RtS, being only one of the three hundred million or so
people in the U S of A you represent 3.3 times 10 to the power of -7 people
even in your country. A pretty small voice amongst the many.

Then consider the rest of the world. It's twenty times the size of your
petty and pitiful little tiny back yard country.

Then add in the factor of your stupendous stupidity and what do we get for
your worth to the planet? The other end of infinity? 0 divided by 1? A
pretty small number.

G. Morgan

On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 11:06:55 GMT, "rf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The entire population of your so beloved little tiny U S of A adds up to
>only five percent of the people on this planet. You are such a small
>minority that you can be safely and silently ignored.

Yet with our paltry 4.54% population (still the world's 3rd largest
behind China and India) we make 20.296% of the world's GDP, second
only to the European "Union" which is 20.68%.

Yeah, just ignore us.

China and India combined make up 36.94% of the world's population, and
their combined GDP is 17.54%.

Yeah, just ignore us.

Sources: CIA World Factbook (2009)

Aardvark

On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 09:11:02 -0600, G. Morgan wrote:

> Yet with our paltry 4.54% population (still the world's 3rd largest
> behind China and India) we make 20.296% of the world's GDP, second only
> to the European "Union" which is 20.68%.

And consume 25% of the world's oil production, and produce 25% of the
world's carbon pollution.

That makes it hard to ignore.

--
Algy met a bear
The bear was bulgy

G. Morgan

Aardvark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 09:11:02 -0600, G. Morgan wrote:
>
>> Yet with our paltry 4.54% population (still the world's 3rd largest
>> behind China and India) we make 20.296% of the world's GDP, second only
>> to the European "Union" which is 20.68%.

>And consume 25% of the world's oil production, and produce 25% of the
>world's carbon pollution.
>
>That makes it hard to ignore.

True. But we are working on that. That's the price of
industrialization, combined with individual wealth (cars on the road).
Expect to see China and India's pollution and fossil fuel use
increase, and the US's decrease over the next 5-20 years. As
populations become wealthy, their citizens start to demand a cleaner
environment. It's been the trend here, and in Europe.

I sure as hell wouldn't want to drink the water in either China nor
India. Both still dump raw sewage and chemicals directly into rivers.
Hell, India still dumps human corpses into the same river they "wash"
their clothes in only a few feet downstream. Yuck!

But I digress, European's have been much better stewards of their
environment than the US. I wish the populous here would take a
broader view like they have in Europe; in regards to public
transportation, fuel efficient vehicles, and "alternative" (non-fossil
fuel) energy.