Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Dpreview revamps its shabby reviewing style

Dpreview revamps its shabby reviewing style

RichA

Though it could still be used to sell cameras, rather than review
their quality.. The bright spot is their so-called absolute ratings.
Lets see how they work out.

http://blog.dpreview.com/editorial/2...ng-system.html

Paul Heslop

RichA wrote:

> Though it could still be used to sell cameras, rather than review
> their quality.. The bright spot is their so-called absolute ratings.
> Lets see how they work out.

oh let's not bother

--
Paul (we break easy)
Stop and Look

Rich

On Feb 3, 9:57*am, "Neil Harrington" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "RichA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > Though it could still be used to sell cameras, rather than review
> > their quality.. *The bright spot is their so-called absolute ratings.
> > Lets see how they work out.

> >http://blog.dpreview.com/editorial/2...-brickbats-dev...

> Interesting. Most of the sub-rating methods still appear subjective rather
> than absolute, but I suppose there's no way really to avoid that. It does
> show they're trying to improve, which is something.

There is actually nothing wrong with their tests that I can see,
(except their best case DR figures are worthless in real life) if
they'd limit it to that and avoid the explanations, they'd be better
off because it's there that the misdirection takes form. The language
they use has always been the problem. Anyone can look at images and
the noise, DR, etc., Graph the results, no problem. The salesmanship
used in the descriptions of what is visible is the problem.