Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > REALLY REALLY WERID PROBLEM!!!!pls take a look

REALLY REALLY WERID PROBLEM!!!!pls take a look

Amir

Hello every one

I have made a Feedback page for teaching purposes for someone
here it works fine when I host it on my computer
http://discostu.myftp.org/toBeDeleted/feedbak.aspx

leave every thing blank and press Send you see RequildFiledValidatores wont
let "Send" button get executed till you have provided all needed information

but like I said for teaching purposes I have uploaded this file to a remote
sever so people can test this live since my computer isn't on all the time

but this is where the problem arises
go look for your self

Exactly same file

http://schedules.galador.net/feedbak.aspx

Leave Every thign blank and Press Send....and the application Executes
"Send" (and ofcrouses it crashes) with out RequridFiledValidtores Kicking in

now do this
in Email Address type something eg("kajdkjd")
and Admin email type soemthin eg("ladjkfkdjf")

press Send you see RequirdFiledValidotors start to show up

Why is this Happening

it works fine in my computer why not when its loaded up

I have loaded every thing in the folder ..even hiding files .....CS project
Files every thing

I have even made it so you any one can see the error happening with
application

Can someone help me out here ?

Scott Allen

It doesn't look as if the js file containing the javascript for client
side validation is installed on galador.net. The should be:
/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js

The second question would be why the validation doesn't occur server
side - which would require a look at the code.

HTH,

--
Scott
http://www.OdeToCode.com

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:45:16 GMT, "Amir" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello every one
>
>I have made a Feedback page for teaching purposes for someone
>here it works fine when I host it on my computer
> http://discostu.myftp.org/toBeDeleted/feedbak.aspx
>
>leave every thing blank and press Send you see RequildFiledValidatores wont
>let "Send" button get executed till you have provided all needed information
>
>but like I said for teaching purposes I have uploaded this file to a remote
>sever so people can test this live since my computer isn't on all the time
>
>but this is where the problem arises
>go look for your self
>
>Exactly same file
>
>http://schedules.galador.net/feedbak.aspx
>
>Leave Every thign blank and Press Send....and the application Executes
>"Send" (and ofcrouses it crashes) with out RequridFiledValidtores Kicking in
>
>now do this
>in Email Address type something eg("kajdkjd")
>and Admin email type soemthin eg("ladjkfkdjf")
>
>press Send you see RequirdFiledValidotors start to show up
>
>Why is this Happening
>
>it works fine in my computer why not when its loaded up
>
>I have loaded every thing in the folder ..even hiding files .....CS project
>Files every thing
>
>I have even made it so you any one can see the error happening with
>application
>

>Can someone help me out here ?

Amir Ghezelbash

thank you for your reply hers is the code for you to download
if that helps like you asked

http://schedules.galador.net/toBeDel...oBeDeleted.zip

---
Best Regards
Amir

Amir

Sorry if my other post didnt show up regarding your respond

here it is again

i mean the source

http://schedules.galador.net/toBeDel...oBeDeleted.zip

news:wccQb.80996$(E-Mail Removed). cable.rogers.com...