Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET vs SharePoint

ASP.NET vs SharePoint

Luigi

Hi all
in my work environment talking about the fact that ASP.NET pages are
destined to die in the near future since superseded by SharePoint, allowing
you to create even complex sites with just a few clicks and with the minimum
code development.

You what do you think about?

Luigi

Alexey Smirnov

On Feb 2, 9:47*am, Luigi <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi all
> in my work environment talking about the fact that ASP.NET pages are
> destined to die in the near future since superseded by SharePoint, allowing
> you to create even complex sites with just a few clicks and with the minimum
> code development.
>
> You what do you think about?
>
> Luigi

It's a nonsense, because SharePoint is built on ASP.NET. In some
cases, you can replace ASP.NET development by installing SharePoint.
In all other cases you will need custom development. Moreover, in many
cases, complex sites on SharePoint require custom ASP.NET code.

Ralph

"Luigi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all
> in my work environment talking about the fact that ASP.NET pages are
> destined to die in the near future since superseded by SharePoint,
> allowing
> you to create even complex sites with just a few clicks and with the
> minimum
> code development.
>
> You what do you think about?
>
> Luigi

Totally ridiculous.
Definitely just a case of a manager that saw something shinny and got
excited.
Sharepoint is built on ASP.Net specifically webparts.
Anytime you need something that doesn't come out of the box you would have
to create it in asp.net as a user control.

Luigi

OK, now is much clearer.
Thanks a lot guys.

Luigi