Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Technical Question about Performance

Technical Question about Performance

pers

Hi all
I want to set up a web application for an organization that has some
agents in different cities.
I have 2 solutions and I want to know which is better and faster.
1-Like other sites put Asp.net pages and database in a host.
2-Putting asp.net pages in a local server but database in a host that local
server gets data from host.

thanks in advance

Alexey Smirnov

On Feb 2, 7:25*am, "pers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi all
> I want to *set up a web application *for an organization that has some
> agents in different cities.
> I have 2 solutions and I want to know which is better and faster.
> 1-Like other sites put Asp.net *pages and database in a host.
> 2-Putting asp.net pages in a local server but database in a host that local
> server gets data from *host.
>
> thanks in advance

While it's not very clear where it would make sense to have a local
(?) server for asp.net, in any case an access to a database on the
same host will be faster. It could be also more secure because in this
case the database can be behind a firewall (and you can't connect to
it directly).

pers

I have some heavy pages and I want pages to be loaded locally and just get
data from database.
I thought it's good and efficient to just get data from server and pages
load locally and so server loads decrease.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...