Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: One more thing...

Re: One more thing...

Dan C

On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 16:45:00 -0600, §nühw€£f wrote:

> Before I let you return to your mundane existences...on 60 minutes last
> nite there was a segment on the Green Berets in Afghanistan...I thought
> "oh ****...a fluff peice on the 'War on Terra'". But oddly they included
> at the end, a scene where a green beret shoots at a truck approaching
> his position on a roadway. When the truck stops and the people get out
> we find that two children riding in the *back* of the truck have been
> shot, by Armyman. He claims that it was "ricochets".
> Uh uh. The kids were in the *back* of the truck. He popped rounds into
> two kids.
> Like I say, what with all the blood and screaming, I'm pretty suprised
> that 60 minutes included that clip. But that pretty much sums up why the
> rest of the world hates us.
>
> <nods>

Just a damn shame he didn't use a ****ing RPG is all that illustrates.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he wiped the vomit from his chin.

Dan C

On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 10:02:45 -0600, §nühw€£f wrote:

> Dan C <(E-Mail Removed)> clouded the waters of pure thought
> with news(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 16:45:00 -0600, §nühw€£f wrote:
>>
>>> Before I let you return to your mundane existences...on 60 minutes
>>> last nite there was a segment on the Green Berets in Afghanistan...I
>>> thought "oh ****...a fluff peice on the 'War on Terra'". But oddly
>>> they included at the end, a scene where a green beret shoots at a
>>> truck approaching his position on a roadway. When the truck stops and
>>> the people get out we find that two children riding in the *back* of
>>> the truck have been shot, by Armyman. He claims that it was
>>> "ricochets". Uh uh. The kids were in the *back* of the truck. He
>>> popped rounds into two kids. Like I say, what with all the blood and
>>> screaming, I'm pretty suprised that 60 minutes included that clip. But
>>> that pretty much sums up why the rest of the world hates us.
>>>
>>> <nods>

>> Just a damn shame he didn't use a ****ing RPG is all that illustrates.
>>

> Why dont you man up and get your pussy ass over there so you can live
> out your dreams, cHiCkEn hAwK?

Been there, got the t-shirt (USN retired).

Hush up, punk.

On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 10:10:21 -0600, §nühw€£f wrote:

> Dan C <(E-Mail Removed)> clouded the waters of pure thought
> with news(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 10:02:45 -0600, §nühw€£f wrote:
>>
>>> Dan C <(E-Mail Removed)> clouded the waters of pure thought
>>> with news(E-Mail Removed):

>>> Why dont you man up and get your pussy ass over there so you can live
>>> out your dreams, cHiCkEn hAwK?

>> Been there, got the t-shirt (USN retired).
>>
>> Hush up, punk.
>>

> So naturally you're in the Nat Guard and will be deployed soon?

No. See the word "retired" above? I did 28 years active, and have been
retired for almost 4 years. I'm over 30 years total, and not subject to
recall any longer.

Like I said, been there, done that. Too bad you can't say the same.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he wiped the vomit from his chin.