Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > how do i change the part of a name of a group of files?

how do i change the part of a name of a group of files?

charles kuchar

windows can change the whole name and put an increasing digit after the
change but my files are increasing order and I only need to change part of
the name and the rest of the name is unique. for example:
I have MAR68370.jpg and MAR68369.jpg and many more and I want to change the
name to 68MAR370.jpg and 68MAR369.jpg. it was simple to do it with xp but I
can't figure out how to do it with windows 7. maybe I need to go to virtual
2000 and do the change? hope someone has a clue... charlie

Bob AZ

.. �it was simple to do it with xp but I
> can't figure out how to do it with windows 7. �maybe I need to go to virtual
> 2000 and do the change? �hope someone has a clue... �charlie

Charles

I use a program called Bulk Rename Utility.

www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk

But how do you do this with XP?

Bob AZ

RCan

Hi Charles,

did you also tried ?

ren MAR68*.jpg 68MAR*.jpg

PS : You should test this before

Regards
Ramazan

"Bob AZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> . �it was simple to do it with xp but I
>> can't figure out how to do it with windows 7. �maybe I need to go to
>> virtual
>> 2000 and do the change? �hope someone has a clue... �charlie

> Charles
>
> I use a program called Bulk Rename Utility.
>
> www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk
>
> But how do you do this with XP?
>
> Bob AZ

rak

As mentioned by another poster, bulk rename utility is great.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...