Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Godfather used Facebook to run empire from jail

Reply
Thread Tools

Godfather used Facebook to run empire from jail

 
 
my
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-31-2010

I guess all Brits are a bunch of pussies.
They can not even control a maximum secruity prison.


From The Sunday Times
January 31, 2010

Godfather Colin Gunn used Facebook to run empire from jail

Colin Gunn as he appears on his Facebook site which the Governor of Long
Lartin prison Ferdie Parker allowed him to use to communicate with friends
and family.

Daniel Foggo and Carl Fellstrom
ONE of Britain's most dangerous gangsters has been using Facebook to
threaten and intimidate his enemies from a maximum security prison.

Colin Gunn, an underworld godfather who ordered the execution of two
grandparents, has been able to correspond freely with up to 565 "friends" on
the social networking site for the past two months.

Gunn, a "double-A" category inmate who is serving a 35-year sentence for
conspiracy to murder, is said to be still running his drugs and organised
crime cartel from jail. He claims he was allowed to set up a Facebook
account by prison governors, suggesting it was his legal right.

Critics believe the authorities may have turned a blind eye out of fear of
receiving a legal challenge on human rights grounds.

In one posting, Gunn, 42, said: "I will be home one day and I can't wait to
look into certain people's eyes and see the fear of me being there." In
another message he wrote: "It's good to have an outlet to let you know how I
am, some of you will be in for a good slagging, some have let me down badly,
and will be named and shamed, f****** rats."
Gunn's criminal empire in Nottingham was one of the main reasons why it
became known as "assassination city".

His site, which he appears to have been able to update on a daily basis, was
shut down on Friday after The Sunday Times raised the alarm.

Jack Straw, the justice secretary, said he will crack down on Facebook use
by prisoners. His department insists social networking sites are prohibited
in jail and Gunn had not received permission to run an account. He is the
latest - albeit the most dangerous - offender caught posting comments.

Last week it emerged that Jade Braithwaite, jailed for knifing to death Ben
Kinsella, 16, used Facebook to taunt his victim's family

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
richard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-31-2010
On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 13:21:17 -0500, my wrote:

> I guess all Brits are a bunch of pussies.
> They can not even control a maximum secruity prison.
>
>


Facebook should shut down these types of accounts.
Then the prison authorities should shut down access to the internet,
period.
The authorities, as well as law, should not even consider granting such
access on the false premise of "human rights".
It sounds to me like this Gunn used his money and intimidation to gain
access. Perhaps threatening the prison warden's family.

Access to the internet is not a right, it is a privilege.
But I know that an asshole like Gunn would still find a way to control his
empire while in prison. It's been done in USA prisons for a long time.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
richard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-31-2010
On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 19:08:54 +0000, ~BD~ wrote:

> my wrote:
>>
>> I guess all Brits are a bunch of pussies.
>> They can not even control a maximum secruity prison.

>
>
> May I refer you to the thread entitled Senior Health Care Solution where
> Earlier I said .......
>
> If I could influence matters, prisoners would be back to being on bread
> and water and given hard labour. IMO it *should* be *for* punishment.
>
> IMO we are far, far, too soft on bad guys nowadays. I well remember
> when, as a young apprentice aged just 16, I stood in the gymnasium along
> with hundreds of other young men and watched as one of my peers was
> given six 'cuts' on his naked back. It was done in an elevated position,
> in the boxing ring, so that no-one would be unable to see the blood!
>
> Such action had a sobering effect on all of us - making us *all* think
> twice about breaking the rules!
>
> Hard to believe? Read here: http://www.corpun.com/counukn.htm
>
> **
>
> Prisoners should not, IMO, have access to any of the 'comforts' of
> modern-day life. Certainly no TV and no Internet access.
>
> As far as I'm concerned, murderers and thugs relinquish all 'rights'
> that ordinary citizens now enjoy!


****, when I was in high school, we got our asses spanked hard with a board
of education simply for not wearing a belt to school.

Later on when those kids who got spanked the most wound up as politicians
and influential people, they got laws passed making spanking a criminal
offence. Even to your own kid in your own home.

Now it seems the laws have been written to give anything to a convicted
person just because he demands his "rights". Authorities no longer crack
down on anything. You go to prison, you lose all of your rights.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Aardvark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-31-2010
On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 12:33:12 -0700, richard wrote:

> The authorities, as well as law, should not even consider granting such
> access on the false premise of "human rights".


So, 'human rights' are a false premise?

> It sounds to me like this
> Gunn used his money and intimidation to gain access. Perhaps threatening
> the prison warden's family.


Prison Governor. I doubt it very much.



--
Algy met a bear
The bear was bulgy
The bulge was Algy
 
Reply With Quote
 
richard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-31-2010
On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 19:45:59 GMT, Aardvark wrote:

> On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 12:33:12 -0700, richard wrote:
>
>> The authorities, as well as law, should not even consider granting such
>> access on the false premise of "human rights".

>
> So, 'human rights' are a false premise?
>
>> It sounds to me like this
>> Gunn used his money and intimidation to gain access. Perhaps threatening
>> the prison warden's family.

>
> Prison Governor. I doubt it very much.


A man who orders his own grandparents killed would not stop because of a
prison authority. Every man has his price. If he can't be bought so easily,
you make threats and send the man a message he'll understand.

There are gangs in Texas prisons who do the same thing.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Aardvark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-31-2010
On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 12:41:15 -0700, richard wrote:

> ****, when I was in high school, we got our asses spanked hard with a
> board of education simply for not wearing a belt to school.
>


On your head?

> Later on when those kids who got spanked the most wound up as
> politicians and influential people, they got laws passed making spanking
> a criminal offence. Even to your own kid in your own home.
>


So you'd prefer that it was legal to assault children in the privacy of
your own home? I see.

> Now it seems the laws have been written to give anything to a convicted
> person just because he demands his "rights".


*******s.

> Authorities no longer crack
> down on anything. You go to prison, you lose all of your rights.


Wrong. You only lose the right of freedom of movement.



--
Algy met a bear
The bear was bulgy
The bulge was Algy
 
Reply With Quote
 
Aardvark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-31-2010
On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 13:11:36 -0700, richard wrote:

> A man who orders his own grandparents killed would not stop because of a
> prison authority.


In this country the prison officers wouldn't take kindly to one of their
number or his or her family being threatened. The guilty party wouldn't
find life as easy as before.

> Every man has his price.


Believe it or not, some don't. It's called 'being principled'.

> If he can't be bought so
> easily, you make threats and send the man a message he'll understand.


And bear the consequences from the man's colleagues.



--
Algy met a bear
The bear was bulgy
The bulge was Algy
 
Reply With Quote
 
my
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-31-2010
LMAO

You live in a dream world.


Oh, and your still a punk.


"Aardvark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Z6m9n.232351$(E-Mail Removed)2...
On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 13:11:36 -0700, richard wrote:

> A man who orders his own grandparents killed would not stop because of a
> prison authority.


In this country the prison officers wouldn't take kindly to one of their
number or his or her family being threatened. The guilty party wouldn't
find life as easy as before.

> Every man has his price.


Believe it or not, some don't. It's called 'being principled'.

> If he can't be bought so
> easily, you make threats and send the man a message he'll understand.


And bear the consequences from the man's colleagues.



--
Algy met a bear
The bear was bulgy
The bulge was Algy

 
Reply With Quote
 
Jenn
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-31-2010
my wrote:
> LMAO
>
> You live in a dream world.
>
>
> Oh, and your still a punk.
>


And what world do you live in, Herbert? You have multiple nicknames,
pretend you aren't a majority of them when it's obvious that you are ... you
post from either Florida or somewhere near Dullas airport, and rarely can
carry on a conversation without calling someone a punk or worse. How old
are you anyway? Did you ever manage to graduate highschool, or are you
still attending 5th grade?

--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)



>
> "Aardvark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Z6m9n.232351$(E-Mail Removed)2...
> On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 13:11:36 -0700, richard wrote:
>
>> A man who orders his own grandparents killed would not stop because
>> of a prison authority.

>
> In this country the prison officers wouldn't take kindly to one of
> their number or his or her family being threatened. The guilty party
> wouldn't find life as easy as before.
>
>> Every man has his price.

>
> Believe it or not, some don't. It's called 'being principled'.
>
>> If he can't be bought so
>> easily, you make threats and send the man a message he'll understand.

>
> And bear the consequences from the man's colleagues.





 
Reply With Quote
 
chuckcar
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-01-2010
~BD~ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> my wrote:
>>
>> I guess all Brits are a bunch of pussies.
>> They can not even control a maximum secruity prison.

>
>
> May I refer you to the thread entitled Senior Health Care Solution
> where Earlier I said .......
>
> If I could influence matters, prisoners would be back to being on
> bread and water and given hard labour. IMO it *should* be *for*
> punishment.
>

And that is exactly what is wrong with the US criminal justice system in
a nutshell. Sooner or later they get out and if you treat them like
****, that's all they'll treat people on the outside like. Making
nothing but harder criminals and rehabilitating none. And I don't care
if you say this particular one wasn't going to be rehabed. A carefully
selected biased case if there ever was one. The point is that they *all*
live in the same place and will affect each others personality.


> IMO we are far, far, too soft on bad guys nowadays. I well remember
> when, as a young apprentice aged just 16, I stood in the gymnasium
> along with hundreds of other young men and watched as one of my peers
> was given six 'cuts' on his naked back. It was done in an elevated
> position, in the boxing ring, so that no-one would be unable to see
> the blood!
>

I bet he turned out to be a loving caring non-violent completely
unsadistic ahole. Not.


> Such action had a sobering effect on all of us - making us *all* think
> twice about breaking the rules!
>

Yes, how to do them without the jerk who did the above finding out.
Nothing more.

> As far as I'm concerned, murderers and thugs relinquish all 'rights'
> that ordinary citizens now enjoy!


They do, they can't vote, but they're still covered by the constitution,
or do you *still* think Bush wasn't a complete moron?

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Writing/Developing Facebook Applications in .NET using Facebook.NETSDK Dutt ASP .Net 1 02-08-2008 03:38 PM
Facebook app give feedback -Send birthday cards to buds http://apps.facebook.com/groupcards/start fringo Python 0 10-08-2007 08:04 PM
Facebook app give feedback -Send birthday cards to buds http://apps.facebook.com/groupcards/start fringo Ruby 0 10-08-2007 08:03 PM
Godfather Movies: To Be Sold Separately. Scot Gardner DVD Video 7 11-10-2003 04:18 PM
Did you bought "The Godfather" at amazon.co.uk? iamtotal DVD Video 0 09-21-2003 06:09 PM



Advertisments