Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: Q on Acrobat 4.06 (full)

Re: Q on Acrobat 4.06 (full)

Jeff Strickland

"Robert Baer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed) net...
> Something has happened and now when i try to print a webpage to PDF, it
> gets about 2/3 the way thru and i get error window "Insufficient disk
> space for temporary file or other error writing PDF file".
> Have about 400MB of HD space, perhaps similar RAM space (no way to
> tell), cache folders empty (there are two), Temp folder empty, and 4
> hidden folders in ..\Content.IE5 are empty (deleting them so new empties
> does not help). This is in Win98SE.
>
> So..how do i get it to work?

Download the current version of Acrobat for free from www.adobe.com.

The problem you might face is that the current version might not run in
92SE. The real solution is to get a new OS, which will require a new pile of
hardware to support it.

Baron

Jeff Strickland Inscribed thus:

> "Robert Baer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed) net...
>> Something has happened and now when i try to print a webpage to
>> PDF, it
>> gets about 2/3 the way thru and i get error window "Insufficient disk
>> space for temporary file or other error writing PDF file".
>> Have about 400MB of HD space, perhaps similar RAM space (no way to
>> tell), cache folders empty (there are two), Temp folder empty, and 4
>> hidden folders in ..\Content.IE5 are empty (deleting them so new
>> empties does not help). This is in Win98SE.
>>
>> So..how do i get it to work?

You do not have enough disk space. W98SE requires around 550Mb for
itself mostly in swap.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

baron

Robert Baer Inscribed thus:

> Baron wrote:
>> Jeff Strickland Inscribed thus:
>>
>>> "Robert Baer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news(E-Mail Removed) net...

>> You do not have enough disk space. W98SE requires around 550Mb for
>> itself mostly in swap.
>>

> Don't think so..the system info program reports 1022M RAM (somehow
> 2Meg got swept under the rug of M$), and 83% system resources free.
> Have nothing to tell me swapfile size or RAM used for
> that..Pagefile.sys on the HD is 409,600K; Win386.swp on HD is 253,952K
> and i had to use the "windows explorer" to find them.

Sounds about right. Thats 650Mb in disk space that Win has claimed for
use.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.