Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: Q on Acrobat 4.06 (full)

Re: Q on Acrobat 4.06 (full)

JD

On 31/01/2010 6:15 AM, Robert Baer wrote:
> Something has happened and now when i try to print a webpage to PDF,
> it gets about 2/3 the way thru and i get error window "Insufficient disk
> space for temporary file or other error writing PDF file".
> Have about 400MB of HD space, perhaps similar RAM space (no way to
> tell), cache folders empty (there are two), Temp folder empty, and 4
> hidden folders in ..\Content.IE5 are empty (deleting them so new empties
> does not help). This is in Win98SE.
>
> So..how do i get it to work?

It's probably acrobat, I use Cute PDF writer or open office when I want
to create a PDF file, when I went to look for the links on the cute pdf
website I found this Recommendation:

"Excellent SIMPLE and PROBLEM FREE"
I have used many of these kind of Programs even one supplied by Adobe
and I can tell you I have had many hardships with those programs. But
this little Program has Consistently Printed All that I wanted to Print
WITH OUT EVEN 1 ERROR - even for the documents that the Adobe PDF
printer crashed on!!! COOL BEANS... COOL COOL COOL COOL

you will need ghostscript and the cute PDF software:

http://www.cutepdf.com/download/converter.exe
http://www.cutepdf.com/download/CuteWriter.exe

all the info and instructions here:
http://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/Writer.asp

it installs as a printer, so you just print the webpage select the PDF
printer and it will ask you where you want to save it.

JD