Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > an oddball scary kind of thing you would think would never happen

an oddball scary kind of thing you would think would never happen

richard

In 2008, Beverly Hills High School had 2,412 students: 26 percent White, 62
percent Persian, 6 percent Asian, 5 percent African-American, 1 percent
Latino. About one-third, or 800, of the students at the school are
Iranian.[6]

About 35 percent of Beverly's current student body was born outside the
United States, and 42 percent of its students speak a first language other
than English.

The above is from the wikipedia about Beverly Hills High School.
What used to be an all white school, is now 76% non white.
62% are Persian? Holy ****. Those damn Persians must be damned filthy rich.
I guess maybe it's better than 62% black or Latino. Oh I'm sorry I'm
supposed to say "afro-american". Screw it.

So where did all the rich hollywood types move to then? India?
Guess they watched all the old "Beverly Hillbillies" show to much eh?

gangle

"Evan Platt" wrote in message
> On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 00:17:11 -0700, richard wrote:
>
>>So where did all the rich hollywood types move to then? India?
>>Guess they watched all the old "Beverly Hillbillies" show to much eh?

> Still don't know the difference between to and too?
>
> Never before seen video of richard:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu2Nq...eature=related

I think you might be mistaken; the person in that video seems way
too sophisticated to be richard. In any case, although I realize that
there is a 0% chance that a redux of my tutorial will help RtS,
it seems like an appropriate time to send it again anyway.

To Too or Not To Too
I am going TO the store TO get a rope
(Maybe you'll need TO go TO a store TOO TO get a
a rope TOO after you TOO read why I am going
TO the store.) I need TO go get a rope in order
TO hang myself because there are TOO many
people throughout Usenet who are all TOO often
using "TO" in place of "TOO"! It's TOO late for
me TO be convinced that it is ever going TO change.
Is it not TOO depressing TO continue TO watch people
perpetrate the misbegotten notion that TWO
(woops--make that three) completely *different*
words that just happen TO *sound* the same can
be interchanged, willy-nilly, when *writing* them
without causing confusion and/or consternation TO
hapless, know-the-difference readers? If you
TOO agree with me, will you be willing TO protest
this grammatical abuse by hanging yourself TOO?

I am off TO the store..................good-bye
and, TO all you asswipes who refused TO learn
this simple concept and drove me TO this
drastic course: **** you, and eat **** TOO!!

--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOcLkk7nNVc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mx1gflT2NE

Mike Yetto

Bada bing richard <(E-Mail Removed)> bada bang:
> In 2008, Beverly Hills High School had 2,412 students: 26 percent White, 62
> percent Persian, 6 percent Asian, 5 percent African-American, 1 percent
> Latino. About one-third, or 800, of the students at the school are
> Iranian.[6]

Where did these Persians come from if only half are from Iran?

Mike "wikipedia is not to be questioned" Yetto
In practice they are not.

richard

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 12:54:43 -0500, Mike Yetto wrote:

> Bada bing richard <(E-Mail Removed)> bada bang:
>> In 2008, Beverly Hills High School had 2,412 students: 26 percent White, 62
>> percent Persian, 6 percent Asian, 5 percent African-American, 1 percent
>> Latino. About one-third, or 800, of the students at the school are
>> Iranian.[6]
>>

> Where did these Persians come from if only half are from Iran?
>
> Mike "wikipedia is not to be questioned" Yetto

what kills me is the fact they say one third are Iranian after all the
other numbers. Since Iran was Persia, then where do the other third of
students really come from? As ancient Persia covered a huge territory.

Mike Yetto

Bada bing richard <(E-Mail Removed)> bada bang:
> On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 12:54:43 -0500, Mike Yetto wrote:
>
>> Bada bing richard <(E-Mail Removed)> bada bang:
>>> In 2008, Beverly Hills High School had 2,412 students: 26 percent White, 62
>>> percent Persian, 6 percent Asian, 5 percent African-American, 1 percent
>>> Latino. About one-third, or 800, of the students at the school are
>>> Iranian.[6]
>>>

>> Where did these Persians come from if only half are from Iran?
>>
>> Mike "wikipedia is not to be questioned" Yetto

> what kills me is the fact they say one third are Iranian after all the
> other numbers. Since Iran was Persia, then where do the other third of
> students really come from? As ancient Persia covered a huge territory.

Now, why didn't I think of asking that question? And after
noticing that I should have taken a skeptical look at the source
of that data and the total of ~133%.

Instead all I did was ask that question and take a
skeptical look at the source.

Mike "are half the Persians from Thermopylae?" Yetto
In practice they are not.