Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > OT Partially. Enabling two CD/DVD Drives for recording simultaneously

OT Partially. Enabling two CD/DVD Drives for recording simultaneously

Bob AZ

On my recently built XP 64 Bit machine I have two CD/DVD drives
installed. E & F. E did not always act right and did not always
record.

I determined the following:

Windows does not allow two CD/DVD drives to be enabled for recording
at the same time. With blank CDs in each drive Windows will allow
just one drive to be enabled for recording at the same time. Starting
with My Computer and Right clicking on the drive that is not enabled,
bringing up Device Manager and clicking on recording there is an
option to enable Recording. This enables Recording but disables
recording on the other drive. This I was not aware of.

If one uses Roxio both drives can record simultaneously. Another quirk
of Windows 32 bit AND 64 bit.

Bob AZ