Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Remote debugging with VisualStudio 2003?

Remote debugging with VisualStudio 2003?

Zanna

Hi all!

I hope someone can help me.

I have in my lan a PC with IIS installed and this works as web server.
On another PC I have VS.net 2003 installed.

I'd like to debug asp/aspx pages on the remote PC (with IIS).

Is it possible?

How can I do it in simple steps?

Thank you!

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi Zanna,

Don't forget that you need to install some components on the remote machine:

"Frequently, users want to remotely debug an application running on a
separate machine. Visual Studio .NET provides a smaller subset of components
that, when installed on a remote machine, and once you give yourself
sufficient privileges, allows you to remotely debug processes on that
machine. This installation is extremely useful when you do not want to
install the entire Visual Studio .NET onto a remote machine. The
installation of these components is started with the Remote Components Setup
link at the bottom of the Visual Studio .NET Setup page of the CD. Clicking
this link allows you to install remote debugging components for all
languages that use DCOM to communicate with the debugger, or just C++ only
(if you prefer the Visual C++ 6.0 method of remote debugging over TCP/IP)."

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...lStudioNET.asp

Also, you may have seen this, but here it is just in case.

HOW TO: Set Up and Use Remote Debugging in Microsoft Visual Studio .NET

Ken
MVP [ASP.NET]

news:buqs4v$knptg$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...