Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > wonder if I should use absolute URL in internal linking

wonder if I should use absolute URL in internal linking

Jeff

hi

asp.net 3.5

I wonder if I should use absolute url in internal linking on my site. The
goal is that I want my site to move up on the rankings.
When I hover over internal links on my site I see the absolute URL in the
statusbar (IE, but when I view the source code the absolute URL is nowhere
to be seen. I specify URL like this ~/Default.aspx

what you suggest when the goal is to move up in the rankings?

Alexey Smirnov

On Jan 30, 4:02*pm, "Jeff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> hi
>
> asp.net 3.5
>
> I wonder if I should use absolute url in internal linking on my site. The
> goal is that I want my site to move up on the rankings.
> When I hover over internal links on my site I see the absolute URL in the
> statusbar (IE, but when I view the source code the absolute URL is nowhere
> to be seen. I specify URL like this ~/Default.aspx
>
> what you suggest when the goal is to move up in the rankings?

No, you shouldn't, for the simple reason that the search engine does
the same as IE's status bar. It recognizes relative/absolute URLs and
does conversion when necessary.

Andrew Morton

Jeff wrote:
> asp.net 3.5
>
> The goal is that I want my site to move up on the rankings.

As a related topic, you might be interested in the "Search Engine
Optimization Toolkit":

http://www.iis.net/expand/SEOToolkit

--
Andrew

Alexey Smirnov

On Feb 1, 11:42*am, "Andrew Morton" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Jeff wrote:
> > asp.net 3.5

> > The goal is that I want my site to move up on the rankings.

> As a related topic, you might be interested in the "Search Engine
> Optimization Toolkit":
>
> http://www.iis.net/expand/SEOToolkit
>
> --
> Andrew