Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Alternative to Musicmatch?

Alternative to Musicmatch?

Rolf

It seems Musicmatch is not compatible with Windows 7.

Is there any other program that I could use instead?

OldGringo38

Two Cents To The Rolf Post:
> It seems Musicmatch is not compatible with Windows 7.
>
> Is there any other program that I could use instead?

Real Player plus is a good option.
> http://www.downloadfreeplayer.com/

Good Luck

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere

chuckcar

"Rolf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:hk1aei$4dv$(E-Mail Removed):

> It seems Musicmatch is not compatible with Windows 7.
>
> Is there any other program that I could use instead?

Windows media player *comes* with windows. Has since windows 95. Is
there some particular media file you can't play with WMP or is there
some other problem?

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Rolf

chuckcar wrote:
> "Rolf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:hk1aei$4dv$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> It seems Musicmatch is not compatible with Windows 7.
>>
>> Is there any other program that I could use instead?
>>

> Windows media player *comes* with windows. Has since windows 95. Is
> there some particular media file you can't play with WMP or is there
> some other problem?

Thanks to all of you,

I guess i'll just have to try them all and see which one suits me best.

Rolf

Rolf

chuckcar wrote:
> "Rolf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:hk1aei$4dv$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> It seems Musicmatch is not compatible with Windows 7.
>>
>> Is there any other program that I could use instead?
>>

> Windows media player *comes* with windows. Has since windows 95. Is
> there some particular media file you can't play with WMP or is there
> some other problem?

What a joke.

I can play files allright, but the crasy program hogs the entire screen with
a few music titles.

Have you seen the MMJB on screen? Used it?

I presume Real player may be a little better but I suspect no program comes
anywhere near MMJB.
If I should say anything negative about MMJB, it would be that it had too
many options, a lot of menus to get lost in.

But I used what I needed and that was plenty enough.

Glad I didn't buy lifetime free updates...

Guess I'll stay with Win2k. May use Win7 only in cases where newer OS is
required, and that is not often.

rmac10 rmac10 is offline
Junior Member

Look at my reply to musicmatch fix under Ramc10

rmac10 rmac10 is offline
Junior Member

K I don't think my post showed up anyway
There is a fix for music match, there is a zip file you can download it from the internet. Look for (MusicMatch_7___Internet_Explorer_7_Fix.zip) Save the file unzip it. It will make a folder with 14 DLL files in it. Copy these dll's then past them into C/All programs/Musicmatch/Musicmatch Jukbox- Past. Just overwite files that need to be (Say Yes). Your musicmatch will now work I use 7.5 still I like that one. I put the zip attachment on my Reply but I can't seem to find my reply now. This will work I have done this on my computers and I use MM on O/S 7. I can't tell you about Vista if that will work. I have XP still and 7.
Note: the CD look is discontinued on MM so I use Itune to down load the cd and move the song file to my MM files this will send the tag info with it. Then use MM tagging to change what I need. This is a bit of a pain I know but I like MM so I live with it.