Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > "Windows Firewall>Allowed Programs>Change Settings"

"Windows Firewall>Allowed Programs>Change Settings"

Tino

The "Change settings" button is grayed out. I am logged in as administrator.
What can I do to enable it so I can make changes?

RCan

Sounds like this is GPO controlled. Are this client/server part of an domain
?
To confirm, you can check with gpresult what settings will be applied on
this machine.

Regards
Ramazan

"Tino" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The "Change settings" button is grayed out. I am logged in as
> administrator. What can I do to enable it so I can make changes?

Tino

Ramazan,

Thanks for your reply. I'm afraid I don't understand much of what you said.
"GPO controlled"?? I ran gpresult but I don't know what options I am
supposed to use. Can you provide a bit more detail please?

Peter

"RCan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sounds like this is GPO controlled. Are this client/server part of an
> domain ?
> To confirm, you can check with gpresult what settings will be applied on
> this machine.
>
> Regards
> Ramazan
>
> "Tino" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> The "Change settings" button is grayed out. I am logged in as
>> administrator. What can I do to enable it so I can make changes?

RCan

Ok - GPO (Group Policy Object) is a collection of computer/user settings
which can be applied and managed centrally from the active directory. Is
this computer a domain member (part of a company network) ? With a GPO you
can also configure windows firewall settings.

GPO @ Technet
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w...y/default.aspx

PS : Just to follow here other directions as well, do you know if there is
already a other instance of Firewall running (Mcaffee, Norton, Defender....)
? This can be also a cause here as the windows firewall service should then
be disabled.