Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > scanning a document and saving as text file not image

scanning a document and saving as text file not image

richard

What software is available to scan a document and save it as a text file?
Kind of like when we used to have typewriters, we could put the preprinted
form in the typewriter and insert the data where needed.

I can do my own google search thank you.

Thought maybe I could save a few hours of looking this way.

richard

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 19:49:53 -0700, richard wrote:

> What software is available to scan a document and save it as a text file?
> Kind of like when we used to have typewriters, we could put the preprinted
> form in the typewriter and insert the data where needed.
>
> I can do my own google search thank you.
>
> Thought maybe I could save a few hours of looking this way.

Found one called simpleocr. Might work for what I need.
The trick is, to print it nearly as exactly as the original.

rf

news:7bki9jwkucpp$.13ghbpgzwbg9u$(E-Mail Removed).. .

So why the **** didn't you?