Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > pagemethods

pagemethods

André Freitas

I'm working in a solution that asks for a non usual ajax aproach. It means I
cant use the magical update panels in my webforms, because the pages have to
many controls, and update panels are making my solution to get slow, since
they renderize all controls inside the content tags.

Im learning about pagemethods (callbacks look like a alternative), and I got
a sample working, where I can update a div innerhtml with the server time,
or something like that. The problem: i still got no ideas about how to bind
a <asp:gridview> using a pagemethod to ajaxify my solution.

Do I realy will need to write my own client side grid, and do all the dirty
job, cleaning cells and injecting new content in each of them?

Anyone can point me a direction?

Regards

Andrew Morton

André Freitas wrote:
> I'm working in a solution that asks for a non usual ajax aproach. It
> means I cant use the magical update panels in my webforms, because
> the pages have to many controls, and update panels are making my
> solution to get slow, since they renderize all controls inside the
> content tags.

It /sounds/ like you're updating all the update panels at once, in which
case this article

"Partial-Page Rendering Overview":
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/bb386573.aspx

may be of interest to you.

--
Andrew

André Freitas

Thank you, im reading the article.

Regards

"Andrew Morton" <(E-Mail Removed)> escreveu na mensagem
news:(E-Mail Removed)...