Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > PIX OS upgrade blues

PIX OS upgrade blues

alexd

Meanwhile, at the comp.dcom.sys.cisco Job Justification Hearings, barret
bonden chose the tried and tested strategy of:

> The customer had a 6.31 era PIX. He wanted a backup PIX in case the
> production unit failed. He is not rich, and paid good money for the first
> unit while new; he was acting as a rational business person in looking for
> and finding a matching unit.
> As his consultant he expected I could get it working; all nice, rational
> thoughts.

Unfortunately, you and your customer's idea of rational may not be the same
as that of an organisation whose main commitment is to its shareholders.

> Live and learn about Cisco.

You're the consultant. It's up to you to know about the pros and cons of any
solution you recommend.

The only way you can support something indefinitely, independent of the
whims of a particular company or its business model, is if you develop
itself or if you've got the source code.

20:19:47 up 3 days, 59 min, 5 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
DIMENSION-CONTROLLING FORT DOH HAS NOW BEEN DEMOLISHED,
AND TIME STARTED FLOWING REVERSELY