Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > voipcheap

voipcheap

Dutchman

I have an account with Voipcheap.com for my landline. I have just received a
Samsung Galaxy android mobile, is there anyway to get a program so I can use
voip on my mobile via a internet connection Thanks D.........

Steve Hayes

Dutchman wrote:

> I have an account with Voipcheap.com for my landline. I have just received
> a Samsung Galaxy android mobile, is there anyway to get a program so I can
> use
> voip on my mobile via a internet connection Thanks D.........

Look in Android Market for Sipdroid.

I can't say about the Galaxy or Voipcheap but it mostly works on the HTC
Hero with Sipgate.

The biggest deficiency is that, when I ring a landline, there is no ringing
tone, just a dead silence until the call is answered. I expect this will get
fixed at some time.

Also if you want to receive calls reliably, you'll need to configure the
phone's WiFi sleep policy to Never (assuming you're using WiFi - many mobile
data plans don't allow VOIP) and this may run down the battery quite fast.

Since Sipgate allow multiple devices to register and make simultaneous calls
on one account, I use Sipdroid if I want to make a call and the landline
phone (also using Sipgate for outgoing calls) is in use.

--
Steve Hayes, South Wales, UK
----Remove colours from reply address----