Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Can I delete a file that is in use

Can I delete a file that is in use

Michelle

I have a malocious file called
sdra64.exe

it's in my appdata\roaming folder

I can't delete it because it isays it s in use by another program

How can I set it up so that it is deleted somehow?

Thanks

Michelle

I have a malocious file called
sdra64.exe

it's in my appdata\roaming folder

I can't delete it because it isays it s in use by another program

How can I set it up so that it is deleted somehow?

Thanks

John Barnes

Don't know what system you are running, but you should be able to delete the
file (or better, rename it) using your install disk if you have one. The
procedure is different depending on the system.

"Michelle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a malocious file called sdra64.exe
>
> it's in my appdata\roaming folder
>
> I can't delete it because it isays it s in use by another program
>
> How can I set it up so that it is deleted somehow?
>
> Thanks

Tom Ponta

Download and install Unlocker here:
http://download.cnet.com/Unlocker/30...-10493998.html

Then R-Click the file and have Unlocker kill the associated process and
delete the file for you.

Buddha

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Don't know what system you are running, but you should be able to delete
> the file (or better, rename it) using your install disk if you have one.
> The procedure is different depending on the system.
>
> "Michelle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I have a malocious file called sdra64.exe
>>
>> it's in my appdata\roaming folder
>>
>> I can't delete it because it isays it s in use by another program
>>
>> How can I set it up so that it is deleted somehow?
>>
>> Thanks

Ǝиçεl

Hello Michelle,

Restart the computer into Safe Mode to then eradicate the pest

Safe mode prevents some, but by no means all--spyware services from running.
It is an excellent way to get started if something is resistant to cleaning
in normal mode, but it may not be all that is needed.

In Safe mode try to remove it with CCleaner

<http://www.ccleaner.com>
Note, uncheck Yahoos Toolbar

Download the basic version via
<http://www.ccleaner.com/download/builds.aspx>
The basic version does not contain the disgusted Toolbar

Good luck

Ǝиçεl
-=-

"Michelle" wrote:

> I have a malocious file called
> sdra64.exe
>
> it's in my appdata\roaming folder
>
> I can't delete it because it isays it s in use by another program
>
> How can I set it up so that it is deleted somehow?
>
> Thanks
> .

Charlie Russel - MVP

If it's in appdata, then it's only in your user profile. You can reboot into
safe mode, which will not activate your profile, and you should be able to
delete it from there. Or, if you have your machine configured for multiple
profiles(users), you can log out of your account and log in as another user.
But safe mode should be sufficient. If it isn't, then booting to recovery
mode, open a command prompt, and navigate to appdata\roaming and delete it
that way.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

"Michelle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a malocious file called sdra64.exe
>
> it's in my appdata\roaming folder
>
> I can't delete it because it isays it s in use by another program
>
> How can I set it up so that it is deleted somehow?
>
> Thanks

Dominic Payer

See http://www.pctechrx.com/DisplayAllInfo.asp?bId=26

On 27/01/2010 23:36, Michelle wrote:
> I have a malocious file called sdra64.exe
>
> it's in my appdata\roaming folder
>
> I can't delete it because it isays it s in use by another program
>
> How can I set it up so that it is deleted somehow?
>
> Thanks

DreamBrother

Create a file in notepad and save it with exactly the same filename and
extension(not as .txt), and in the same location as the file you wish to
remove, Windows will alert you that a file named as such "already
exists, do you want to replace it?", answer yes, and the troublesome
file is sent to the recycle bin.
--
Mr Wig says Alfonse has to go outside now.