Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Google Searches Redirected

Google Searches Redirected

Sam

Hi, when I do a google search it is redirected to spam sights. How do I fix
this? I got rid of all the malware\trojans except this piece.

thanks

VanguardLH

Sam wrote:

> Hi, when I do a google search it is redirected to spam sights. How do I fix
> this? I got rid of all the malware\trojans except this piece.
>
> thanks

Use better anti-malware programs than what you already used but never
mentioned.

Sam

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 17:24:00 -0500, "Sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> Can you be a bit more vague?
>
> What operating system and browser are you using? When does this
> 'redirect to spam sights" occur? Right when you click "Search"? Or
> when you click the resulting link in the Google search results? How
> about an example?
> --

Sorry. XP PRo and FireFox

Sam

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 14:28:47 -0800, Evan Platt
> <evan@*******************************> wrote:
>
>>What operating system and browser are you using? When does this
>>'redirect to spam sights" occur? Right when you click "Search"? Or
>>when you click the resulting link in the Google search results? How
>>about an example?

> Oh, and let me save chucktard the trouble:
>
> "Reset your BIOS, format your hard drive, scan for malware, and
> disable all the items in your sratrup".
> --

Do you think it'll be easier to just set it on fire??

hwf

In message <hjqfub$ate$(E-Mail Removed)>, VanguardLH wrote:
> Sam wrote:
>
> > Hi, when I do a google search it is redirected to spam sights. How do I

> fix
> > this? I got rid of all the malware\trojans except this piece.
> >
> > thanks

> Use better anti-malware programs than what you already used but never
> mentioned.

Wow...thats ****ing less than helpful. He needs to fix his HOSTS file and edit
it.

http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

Duh.

Proof of Americas 3rd world status:
http://www.ramusa.org/
Cash for *who*?
http://www.pavlovianobeisance.com/

Mike Yetto

Bada bing Sam <(E-Mail Removed)> bada bang:
> Hi, when I do a google search it is redirected to spam sights. How do I fix
> this? I got rid of all the malware\trojans except this piece.

Wear dark glasses?

Mike "or just don't look" Yetto
In practice they are not.

chuckcar

"Sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:hjqee3$plf$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi, when I do a google search it is redirected to spam sights. How do
> I fix this? I got rid of all the malware\trojans except this piece.

Do you mean address bar searches or actually going to google.com and
then entering a search? If the former, Try using browser IE, Go to
tools->internet options and see if there is anything but about:blank
beside Address:. Beyond that we'd need to know some exact details of how
you do a google search.

I see you've met Evan. You have my sympathies.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

John Holmes

Sam "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> "Evan Platt" <evan@*******************************> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 14:28:47 -0800, Evan Platt
>> <evan@*******************************> wrote:
>>
>>>What operating system and browser are you using? When does this
>>>'redirect to spam sights" occur? Right when you click "Search"? Or
>>>when you click the resulting link in the Google search results? How
>>>about an example?

>> Oh, and let me save chucktard the trouble:
>>
>> "Reset your BIOS, format your hard drive, scan for malware, and
>> disable all the items in your sratrup".
>> --

> Do you think it'll be easier to just set it on fire??

Ignore Evan Platt, he's a well known drug addict and heavy alcohol abuser
in this froup. You might have noticed that he came up with stupid answers
without any solution for your specific question. Follow "snuhwolf"'s
advise instead and killfile that ignorant Evan Pratt moron.

HTH

--
<snip>

Dan C

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 17:24:00 -0500, Sam wrote:

> Hi, when I do a google search it is redirected to spam sights. How do I
> fix this? I got rid of all the malware\trojans except this piece.
>
> thanks

The best way is to just format your hard drive.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he wiped the vomit from his chin.