Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Re: C99 is not a failure

Re: C99 is not a failure

Antoninus Twink

On 27 Jan 2010 at 16:45, Keith Thompson wrote:
> jacob navia <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> Great, so you joke very often, what a great joke ...

> It was a joke. You didn't get it. I explained it to you. I'm sure
> it's embarrassing for you, but don't worry about it; just move on.

No one got this "joke" apart from you, Keith.

The rest of us just saw a stupid piece of dishonesty from a serial liar.

>> You are a joke Thompson.

Indeed.

Nick Keighley

On 27 Jan, 19:58, Antoninus Twink <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 27 Jan 2010 at 16:45, Keith Thompson wrote:
>
> > jacob navia <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> >> Great, so you joke very often, what a great joke ...

> > It was a joke. *You didn't get it. *I explained it to you. *I'm sure
> > it's embarrassing for you, but don't worry about it; just move on.

> No one got this "joke" apart from you, Keith.
>
> The rest of us just saw a stupid piece of dishonesty from a serial liar.
>
> >> You are a joke Thompson.

> Indeed.

have you considered taking a break? you seem to be getting quite
bitter.

Antoninus Twink

On 28 Jan 2010 at 9:39, Nick Keighley wrote:
> On 27 Jan, 19:58, Antoninus Twink <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> The rest of us just saw a stupid piece of dishonesty from a serial liar.

> have you considered taking a break? you seem to be getting quite
> bitter.

You may be right, Nick. Sometimes the bullshit of this group, and the
swaggering arrogance of Heathfield and Thomson just grinds you down.

I thought of Heathfield just now while watching Prime Minister Blair on
TV. Is it something about the British that makes them such bare-faced
liars? I like to think that dishonest Americans at least feel some shame
about their lies.

jacob navia

Tim Streater a écrit :
> On 29/01/2010 19:13, Antoninus Twink wrote:
>
>> I thought of Heathfield just now while watching Prime Minister Blair on
>> TV. Is it something about the British that makes them such bare-faced
>> liars? I like to think that dishonest Americans at least feel some shame
>> about their lies.

> What lies do you think Blair has uttered?

Weapons of mass destruction anyone?

Where are they?

Wasn't that the reason for the war as announced by blair/bush???

You weren't there when that war started?

Keith Thompson

Tim Streater <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> On 29/01/2010 19:13, Antoninus Twink wrote:

[nonsense snipped]

> What lies do you think Blair has uttered?

[snip]

Can we *please* not have discussions of controversial and utterly
irrelevant political topics here?

Nokia

Seebs

On 2010-01-29, Keith Thompson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Can we *please* not have discussions of controversial and utterly
> irrelevant political topics here?

<satire>I think discussions of the political systems which determine
what economic forces apply to decisions as to what programs to write in
C are entirely relevant.</satire>

-s

Antoninus Twink

On 29 Jan 2010 at 20:14, Keith Thompson wrote:
> Can we *please* not have discussions of controversial and utterly
> irrelevant political topics here?

You are always very coy about revealing your political affiliations,
Keith.

Are you a secret hippie, or an ultra-conservative wacko like your friend
Heathfield?

Eric Sosman

On 1/29/2010 3:14 PM, Keith Thompson wrote:
> Tim Streater<(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> On 29/01/2010 19:13, Antoninus Twink wrote:

> [nonsense snipped]
>>
>> What lies do you think Blair has uttered?

> [snip]
>
> Can we *please* not have discussions of controversial and utterly
> irrelevant political topics here?

Most especially, discussions fomented by people who are
obviously ignorant of those very topics? People, for example,
who cannot identify the Prime Minister of Great Britain?

--
Eric Sosman
(E-Mail Removed)lid

Antoninus Twink

On 29 Jan 2010 at 23:05, Tim Streater wrote:
> On 29/01/2010 19:26, jacob navia wrote:
>> Tim Streater a écrit :
>>> What lies do you think Blair has uttered?

>> Weapons of mass destruction anyone? Where are they? Wasn't that the
>> reason for the war as announced by blair/bush???

> Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. Yes, indeed.

As I see it, there are two lies of monumental significance that Blair
has refused to back down from.

1. He knew that there were no WMD, but he fabricated a dossier to claim
that there were. A lie.

2. He told the Parliament of Great Britain that he had not made an
agreement with Bush that they would go to war whatever the
circumstances. He claimed right till the end that he wanted a diplomatic
solution. In fact he HAD made such an agreement and he had no interest
in diplomacy. A lie.

Say what you like about Dubya, at least he didn't screw around: he said
straight out that he wanted a war and that his *primary* goal was regime
change, not WMD. On both of those points, Blair agreed privately with
Bush, but lied in public to the people of his country and to the world
at large.

Heathfield shows the same rat-like dishonesty.

Sjouke Burry

Antoninus Twink wrote:
> On 29 Jan 2010 at 23:05, Tim Streater wrote:
>>> Weapons of mass destruction anyone? Where are they? Wasn't that the
>>> reason for the war as announced by blair/bush???

>> Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. Yes, indeed.

> As I see it, there are two lies of monumental significance that Blair
> has refused to back down from.
>
> 1. He knew that there were no WMD, but he fabricated a dossier to claim
> that there were. A lie.

Now I have a very big problem:
what did The Saddam regime use to gas the Kourds with?
What did Ali Cyancali use to gas them?
According to you they never had the means, and they did not do it???
Explain please.....