Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Microsoft has questions to answer

Microsoft has questions to answer

peterwn

See:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/technology...ectid=10622499

"Microsoft: Google likely to face questions on ads"

Why is it then that when installing IE8 you are not presented with a
list of search engines to choose from rather than having 'Hobson's
choice' in the form of Bing (MS's search engine). I know you can
change it, but MS does not make it particularly easy.

Similarly Microsoft can also be questioned on its Windows / Office
monopoly.

Very much pot calling kettle black.

peterwn

On Jan 27, 12:09*pm, "geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> peterwn wrote:
> > See:
> >http://www.nzherald.co.nz/technology..._id=5&objectid....

> > "Microsoft: Google likely to face questions on ads"

> > Why is it then that when installing IE8 you are not presented with a
> > list of search engines to choose from rather than having 'Hobson's
> > choice' in the form of Bing (MS's search engine). *I know you can
> > change it, but MS does not make it particularly easy.

> Who cares ?

Google and I for a kick-off. I care because I had to spend time
figuring out haw to change 'Bing' to 'Google' in the right hand box on
IE8.