Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows-Explorer does not start

Windows-Explorer does not start

Rainer

Hi NG,

I have pined the windows explorer to the task bar.
If I click on it, it does not start. I see the "spining ring" for a
while which then disapear but nothing happens.
If I open the jumplist to the windows explorer and select a entry there
it starts. Also if I press "windows-key + E".

What is wrong?

Regards
Rainer

Bobby Johnson

Try deleting, or unpinning, the one on the Taskbar then go to the
jumplist, right click on it there and select Pin to Taskbar. My
directions are for Win 7. Sometimes the links just get corrupted and
doing as above should correct the problem - it does for me.

On 2010-01-26 15:23, Rainer wrote:
> Hi NG,
>
> I have pined the windows explorer to the task bar.
> If I click on it, it does not start. I see the "spining ring" for a
> while which then disapear but nothing happens.
> If I open the jumplist to the windows explorer and select a entry there
> it starts. Also if I press "windows-key + E".
>
> What is wrong?
>
> Regards
> Rainer

Rainer

Hi Bobby,

I did as you suggested, but nothing changed.
Windows-Explorer still does not start if clicked on at the taskbar.

Rainer

Bobby Johnson schrieb:
> Try deleting, or unpinning, the one on the Taskbar then go to the
> jumplist, right click on it there and select Pin to Taskbar. My
> directions are for Win 7. Sometimes the links just get corrupted and
> doing as above should correct the problem - it does for me.
>

> On 2010-01-26 15:23, Rainer wrote:
>> Hi NG,
>>
>> I have pined the windows explorer to the task bar.
>> If I click on it, it does not start. I see the "spining ring" for a
>> while which then disapear but nothing happens.
>> If I open the jumplist to the windows explorer and select a entry there
>> it starts. Also if I press "windows-key + E".
>>
>> What is wrong?
>>
>> Regards
>> Rainer

Robert Aldwinckle

"Rainer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Bobby,
>
> I did as you suggested, but nothing changed.
> Windows-Explorer still does not start if clicked on at the taskbar.

What is your shortcut now? What would you like it to do?
Perhaps you should recode it more explicitly?
Also, of course, right-click should show Open as the default action
(e.g. that should be bolded).

FWIW my shortcut's Target: is %windir%\explorer.exe
and somehow that opens up here: Libraries
even when I use Run as Administrator.

Strangely Libraries does not appear in the jump list.
However, I hardly ever open an Explorer window this way
and haven't yet figured out what Libraries are needed for
or how they are implemented. ; )

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---