Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Who the hell is this ??

Who the hell is this ??

billhook@spamhole.com

Malwarebytes periodically pops up with the message that it has blocked
access to malicious site 222.186.12.40, whois traces it to Chinanet
Beijing, anyway of finding out who is actually using this IP
address ?, thanks in advance.

Respondant

> Malwarebytes periodically pops up with the message that it has blocked
> access to malicious site 222.186.12.40, whois traces it to Chinanet
> Beijing, anyway of finding out who is actually using this IP
> address ?, thanks in advance.

Without even checking I'll bet 222.186.12.40 traces back to Chinanet.

Just turn off the "alerts" (or whatever the hell Malwarebytes calls it these
days) and go on with your life.

Don't get me wrong. I think Malwarebytes is good stuff. But It'll serve
you a LOT better if you don't pay attention to what it's doing if you let it
run constantly in the background.

softnfurry

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Malwarebytes periodically pops up with the message that it has blocked
> access to malicious site 222.186.12.40, whois traces it to Chinanet
> Beijing, anyway of finding out who is actually using this IP
> address ?, thanks in advance.

http://www.markosweb.com/network/222.186.12/

Caffista

"Respondant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hjj0co$pie$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> Malwarebytes periodically pops up with the message that it has blocked
>> access to malicious site 222.186.12.40, whois traces it to Chinanet
>> Beijing, anyway of finding out who is actually using this IP
>> address ?, thanks in advance.

> Without even checking I'll bet 222.186.12.40 traces back to Chinanet.

Brilliant deduction . . .

Mike Easter

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Malwarebytes periodically pops up with the message that it has blocked
> access to malicious site 222.186.12.40, whois traces it to Chinanet
> Beijing, anyway of finding out who is actually using this IP
> address ?, thanks in advance.

The entire /16 netblock, over 16,000 IP addresses, including
222.186.12.40 is a very large spamhaus ROKSO block, which ROKSO is in
the spamhaus register of known spam operations, a 'serious' spamgang as
it were, which ROKSO is listed as/ called by/ 'Canadian Pharmacy' in the
database.

Currently there are 128 such rokso operations listed in the spamhaus db,
which such operations are estimated to be responsible for about 80% of
spam.

Most such rokso operations are assigned a 'country' based on spamhaus
research, and this Canadian Pharmacy named spamhaus rokso block
'oversight' is assigned to the Ukraine.

As far as the RIRs regional registrars and apnic are concerned, the ip
falls under chinanet-js which js stands for Jiangsu - which chinanet-js
apnic block is even larger, a /13 or over half a million individual IPs
of which your item is one.

--
Mike Easter

thund3rstruck

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Malwarebytes periodically pops up with the message that it has blocked
> access to malicious site 222.186.12.40, whois traces it to Chinanet
> Beijing, anyway of finding out who is actually using this IP
> address ?, thanks in advance.

FWIW, I don't need to know. It's from what I consider to be the armpit
of the net...so it doesn't need to connect to me.

n0i

OldGringo38

Two Cents To The (E-Mail Removed) Post:

China Telcom. Find out at whois.net

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere

Whiskers

On 2010-01-25, (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Malwarebytes periodically pops up with the message that it has blocked
> access to malicious site 222.186.12.40, whois traces it to Chinanet
> Beijing, anyway of finding out who is actually using this IP
> address ?, thanks in advance.

You could try getting a job with Chinanet, or the Chinese government. Or
slightly less reliable, a senior job in any national government or police
authority. Or perhaps a 'secret service' of some sort.

The ISP's customer may not be aware that their computer is 'owned' by a
spammer or other undesirable type.

--
-- Whiskers

what the hell happend jkl Firefox 23 04-03-2005 11:23 AM
Wireless hell at school =?Utf-8?B?TGF3cmVuY2UgVHJlYXQ=?= Wireless Networking 5 03-16-2005 07:51 PM
What the hell does this mean? jackd@morcor.com Firefox 2 07-11-2004 12:25 AM
DLL Hell in .NET Allan Wong ASP .Net 1 09-25-2003 08:11 PM
Circle Hell Talon Perl 2 09-04-2003 07:25 PM

Advertisments