Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Firefox Memory Tips

Firefox Memory Tips

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

<http://www.unixmen.com/linux-tutorials/744-how-to-reduce-memory-usage-on-firefox-linux>

Didn’t know about “about:cache”. But then, my current Firefox instance
reports only about a meg used for memory cache after running for 4 days.

Enkidu

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> <http://www.unixmen.com/linux-tutorials/744-how-to-reduce-memory-usage-on-firefox-linux>
>
> Didn’t know about “about:cache”. But then, my current Firefox instance
> reports only about a meg used for memory cache after running for 4 days.

I have Firefox 3.5 and it doesn't say anything about "memory cache".
Just "disk cache" and "offline cache". How do you see the "memory cache"?

Cheers,

Cliff

Matty F

On Jan 25, 4:55 pm, Enkidu <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> > <http://www.unixmen.com/linux-tutorials/744-how-to-reduce-memory-usage....>

> > Didnt know about about:cache. But then, my current Firefox instance
> > reports only about a meg used for memory cache after running for 4 days..

> I have Firefox 3.5 and it doesn't say anything about "memory cache".
> Just "disk cache" and "offline cache". How do you see the "memory cache"?

Put about:cache into the Firefox command line.

Enkidu

Matty F wrote:
> On Jan 25, 4:55 pm, Enkidu <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>>> <http://www.unixmen.com/linux-tutorials/744-how-to-reduce-memory-usage...>
>>> Didnt know about about:cache. But then, my current Firefox
>>> instance reports only about a meg used for memory cache after
>>> running for 4 days.
>>>

>> I have Firefox 3.5 and it doesn't say anything about "memory
>> cache". Just "disk cache" and "offline cache". How do you see the
>> "memory cache"?

> Put about:cache into the Firefox command line.

Yeah I did that. It only mentioned disk cache and offline cache. This
time it showed memory cache too. Looks like if there is nothing cached
in memory it doesn't show that heading. Thanks!

Cheers,

Cliff